Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom traffic alert?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom traffic alert?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: tom tom traffic alert? Reply with quote

Every now and then on the 910 i get a reminder like popup/advert about tomtom traffic Question
I dont wanna subscribe to traffic so how can i stop the alert from appearing on the 910?

cheeeeers!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on somebody clever - I need this answer too!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are officially described as "clever" now Dennis!

- 'Fanatic' status, handling entire, multi-part newbie questions on your own, offering to make personal apperances... Laughing

(and sorry, no 910 and it's never popped up on my 300, so can't help with this one Crying or Very sad )
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, megga Ouch!!
I found this when I tried "fanatic" in your acronym link thingy (which I have now as a bookmark)
Quote:
fanatic - a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm

Have you any idea how I can get myself downgraded back to dumbo?

The multi answers thing is down to having a younger brother who at the age of 50 (10 years ago) during a bike race (he was a triathlon wizard) got hit by a van, airlifted in a coma and suffered brain injury so that he now can't eat, speak, walk, barely see, etc. When I help him computing I need to tell him every single step, very carefully or he gets lost. Trouble is, he used to be good at it and has forgotten that he is no longer, so merrily clicks away on his own in his room, with quite spectacular results. I'm 2 hours drive away so much of it has to be done by e-mail (I can't understand most of his speech which is like a cleft palate full of spaghetti). You develop a real "feel" for describing steps without missing any or assuming anything. I am a very long way away from reaching that competence with the satnav. My limit is downloading and installing the camera Database.

traffic_doc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: TomTom Traffic Service - anybody know how to use it? Reply with quote

How to use TT Traffic..

On my new TT1, after it updates the traffic delay information, it is displayed in the low resolution map overview. There are 'next' buttons displayed next to the map - but all they do is return to the same visual. On my 'route' traffic sympols are displayed, but there is no way that (I can find) to 'touch' them to display the traffic info. If you 'touch' the icon - it just goes to mailn menu. You can use the 'browse' the map and find out more details that way - but that is not safe to do when driving along at 35+ mph.

The 'demo' for Traffic that TT has included in the unit shows a totally different interface than what my unit has.

Does anybody know how to get the details of the traffic delay info easily??

I'm still in the 'free' evaluation mode and I'm trying to determine if it will be of any value to me once I have to pay.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Traffic Service - anybody know how to use it? Reply with quote

traffic_doc wrote:
Does anybody know how to get the details of the traffic delay info easily??

Ah well, bang goes the thread about how to stop the annoying junkmail popup adverts. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: