Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Removing POIs from Internal Memory on N** range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing POIs from Internal Memory on N** range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Removing POIs from Internal Memory on N** range Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the user installed POIs from the internal memory on the N20 via the Smart ST Desktop Question

When they are loaded, you get a choice of installing on the Internal Memory or the Storage Card, and some time ago I loaded a set on to the internal memory. Now I have loaded the latest on to the Sorage card but cannot find a way via the desktop software to uninstall them. They just do not show up in the POI Editor - (I know that I can use My Computer - Mobile device to access them) but possibly it is safer to use Navman's own software to uninstall them. Confused
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee I am just about to try and remove a bridge POI file from my N40 internal memory (no card fitted as yet), I intend to use SmartST to do so and will let you now how I get on. That is what you were asking isn't it Question
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steviebilbo wrote:
Gee-Pee I am just about to try and remove a bridge POI file from my N40 internal memory (no card fitted as yet), I intend to use SmartST to do so and will let you now how I get on. That is what you were asking isn't it Question

Yes, that's correct. Tks. Look forward to the result. In the meantime, I have used my computer desktop (Mobile Device) and just deleted all the POIs from the Navman MY POI folder. Wink
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee if your answer to my question above is yes then this is what I did

Open SmartST then connect device and wait for it to synchronize

click on Map | Points Of Interest - this opens POI editor

Click on Device | Manage POI files - this will display your user POI files which you have installed

Select the file you want to delete and then click the Delete button and save changes!

That's it Idea took me around 2 minutes although it does take a while (on my PC) for the SMartST menus to load.

Hope this is what you wanted and best of luck! Wink

Steve B
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steviebilbo wrote:
Gee-Pee if your answer to my question above is yes then this is what I did

Open SmartST then connect device and wait for it to synchronize

click on Map | Points Of Interest - this opens POI editor

Click on Device | Manage POI files - this will display your user POI files which you have installed

Select the file you want to delete and then click the Delete button and save changes!

That's it Idea took me around 2 minutes although it does take a while (on my PC) for the SMartST menus to load.

Hope this is what you wanted and best of luck! Wink

Steve B

I followed this proceedure exactly BUT, none of my POI files showed up when I went to 'Manage POI files'.
I shall have another look, but meanwhile I have solved the matter by delecting them via the PC Desktop as above. Thaks for quick response. At least I know how it should be done Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve
Could you please tell me what column heading you have in the POI Editor. The third column in mine says 'Storage Card' I cannot find a means of showing 'Internat Memory' Crying or Very sad
Graham
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Steve
Could you please tell me what column headings you have in the POI Editor. The third column in mine says 'Storage Card' I cannot find a means of showing 'Internal Memory' Crying or Very sad
Graham

Further to that, above, (excuse spelling) I took out the SD card of my device and then tried your system. All I got was "there are no customer POIs found on your device" It appears that the POI Editor only manages the customer files and not those installed by Navman.

Graham
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, not sure how to paste a picture quote of your message yet so .. You said

"I followed this proceedure exactly BUT, none of my POI files showed up when I went to 'Manage POI files'.
I shall have another look, but meanwhile I have solved the matter by delecting them via the PC Desktop as above. Thaks for quick response. At least I know how it should be done
"

As your latest post suggests the message re 'no user POI files found' was received AFTER you removed your poi file(s) (using your PC Desktop) then they would not show once you opened POI editor. Idea

unless of course you left some other poi files on there and these should still show?

I will endeavour to send some cut and paste images of what I see on my system but I will need to read up on how to do that first... hopefully somewhere in the forum guides.

It might be worth comparing what version SmartST etc. you have. Mine according to the Help | About menu - last item - is v4.11.0005. Also, do you have it intstalled on your device too? I DO but I am not sure if you HAVE to install it or if its just an option - forgive my ignorance in this but I can't see why SmartST would need to be installed on the device itself!

I will get back to you later...
Steve B
[/img]
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="steviebilbo"]Graham, not sure how to paste a picture quote of your message yet

Question When you reply to the message, just click the 'Quote' tab in the top right of the message instead of clicking 'Reply to message'

so .. You said

"I followed this proceedure exactly BUT, none of my POI files showed up when I went to 'Manage POI files'.
I shall have another look, but meanwhile I have solved the matter by delecting them via the PC Desktop as above. Thanks for quick response. At least I know how it should be done
"

As your latest post suggests the message re 'no user POI files found' was received AFTER you removed your poi file(s) (using your PC Desktop) then they would not show once you opened POI editor. Idea

True, but I removed My POIs from the memory after I had checked with the POI Editor.

unless of course you left some other poi files on there and these should still show?

I will endeavour to send some cut and paste images of what I see on my system but I will need to read up on how to do that first... hopefully somewhere in the forum guides.

I understand that it is not possile for forum members to put images into the forums .

It might be worth comparing what version SmartST etc. you have. Mine according to the Help | About menu - last item - is v4.11.0005. Also, do you have it intstalled on your device too? I DO but I am not sure if you HAVE to install it or if its just an option - forgive my ignorance in this but I can't see why SmartST would need to be installed on the device itself!

Mmmm! A little unclear on that point myself. The version number on my device is 4.11.0005 just like yours, which means you have updated the software via the SmartST Desktop (SP2).
The version number of the SmartST 2006 SE Desktop program on my PC is v.4.0.12.2 & on my laptop (which has not run the update) is v.4.0.10.24

I will get back to you later...
Steve B
What started out as a simple (?) query seems anything but. Wink
Graham
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, We have the same versions on our devices and our pc's, as you said your laptop is not updated so lets stick with your pc.

Have you currently deleted all your user installed poi files from your device Internal memory and if not what do you see in your poi manager window

Secondly, if you have microsoft word, I can pm you with screen shot of what I see

steve
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steviebilbo wrote:
Graham, We have the same versions on our devices and our pc's, as you said your laptop is not updated so lets stick with your pc.

Have you currently deleted all your user installed poi files from your device Internal memory and if not what do you see in your poi manager window

Secondly, if you have microsoft word, I can pm you with screen shot of what I see

steve

Yes all POIs deleted from Internal Mem. POI Editor shows nothing - just a blank screen.
Yes, I have MS word and you can send me a screen shot. Ta
Graham
steviebilbo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham you have an email with screen shots in your 'normal' NOT pm folder

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: