Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mounting for TomTom GO 700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mounting for TomTom GO 700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furryfred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Mounting for TomTom GO 700 Reply with quote

I realise that this is now an outdated model and so replacements may start to become scarce but I would appreciate a little help with the mounting of it in the car.

I have had it for about a year, but recently the holder has been dropping off the screen where the sucker attaches. It gets rather annoying that, every time that I want to put the device in place the bloody holder falls off the screen. The sucker seems to be in good conditio.

I have tried cleaning the screen with surgical spirit and similar noxious substances and have always waited until the screen was perfectly dry before I put the sucker in place. ( I have not tried cleaning the sucker with spirit etc in case there was a reaction between the stuff and the plastic. ) but the Censored thing still drops off!.

Has anyone any ideas and, if the holder is knackered, can you suggest a replacement as the TT edition seems rather overpriced

(a very very nice, handsome and generous gentleman who is really rather modest, shy and retiring!)

They didn't make many like him - and now they've lost the mould!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought... have you tried sticking it to a different piece of glass?
furryfred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit difficult as the place I have it is just right for taking up the slack in the power cable without having to loop it up.

You suggest a new piece of glass, but that would suggest that the glass has become damaged by the use of the sucker in the place I have sited the device. Is this probable or even possible because, as I understand it, glass is a very hard substance.
I think, by using fluids on the glass I have removed all greases etc so that should not be a problem.

Nevertheless I will try it and report back!

(a very very nice, handsome and generous gentleman who is really rather modest, shy and retiring!)

They didn't make many like him - and now they've lost the mould!
Trigger
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try PDA Mods
New one is about £24.00 lkast time I brought One
mkhead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have had a simlar problem recently and found that it was because of the moisture on the screen, combined with the low temperatures when putting the mount on the glass (usually first thing in the morning before the car is warmed up). I tried cleaning the glass and repositioning the arm, but that did not work either. Then I tried fitting the holder after having run the screen demister for a few minutes, while the engine was warming up, and voila! Suction was so great I had difficulty sliding the arm across... Wink

Don't know if this helps but I hope it does.

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: