Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Viewing recently added POI's??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing recently added POI's??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Viewing recently added POI's?? Reply with quote

OK, I know I'm missing something really obvious here, but I just can't get any new POI's to work Embarassed

Situation is new 910 out of the box, copied in the speed camera POI's (from PGPSW) and under manage POI's added custom 'warn near POI's', also updated to 6.522. That's all, no aditional POI's or beggering about (apart from trying to get an RDS/TMC sticky pile of cack to work) with the unit.

Mike was kind enough to email over the Classic FM POI's, dropped them in the western_and_central_europe folder on the 910, I can't find them at all via manage poi's or enable/disable POI's. I've also tried downloading a few general ones and copying them the the same folder on the tomtom, although I can see them from windows explorer on the unit, nothing is found via the 910 interface Sad

As I said, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, would be ever so grateful if someone could point out the bleeding obvious to me Confused

Many thanks,

Matt.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browse Map..
Options..
Tick Points of Interest.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do as Dennis has suggested then hit the POI button (lower left) and a list of POI will appear, tick the boxes of the POI you require to be visible, the PGPSW cameras and the Classic FM should be in the list, although if you have setup the warn when near option for each camera category installed this function should work irrespective of enabled or not - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaps,

I've just copied (OV2 and BMP files) the classic FM and a random other POI (ASDA), clicked on "Browse Map", clicked "options" made sure that "points of interest" is ticked, clicked on POI, neither classic FM or ASDA are in the list, also from route planning ASDA isn't listed under shops or shopping centers Confused

Any other ideas gratefully received!

Matt.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm out of my depth now!!.
Just two things..
You haven't actually said whether or not you can see the pgpsw camera POIs in Browse map and Explorer?
Somebody somewhere says there's a limit to the number of POIs you can get in there. If you've also "tried a few other ones" (before ticking the POIs in Browse map) might you by any chance have overloaded it? Maybe delete them all with Explorer, then drag and drop again only one set. I only use the cameras myself, no other POIs, so I never have the overload.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the following:
Tap the screen and select Navigate To
Next select Point of Interest
Next select POI near you
Tap the right arrow (lower left icon)
From the list presented can you scroll down and find Asda or Classic FM?
if so select the POI category and it should present a list of POI locations relevant to the category selected

The limit for the POI categories using TomTom version 6 is 100 so I doubt this is an issue in this case unless you have loaded more than Classic and Asda? - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Just two things..
You haven't actually said whether or not you can see the pgpsw camera POIs in Browse map and Explorer?

I can see them in explorer, but not browse map - we live fairly close, asda wasn't showing at longwell green or cribbs

DennisN wrote:
Somebody somewhere says there's a limit to the number of POIs you can get in there. If you've also "tried a few other ones" (before ticking the POIs in Browse map) might you by any chance have overloaded it? Maybe delete them all with Explorer, then drag and drop again only one set. I only use the cameras myself, no other POIs, so I never have the overload.

I did copy some others in, but again, the tomtom couldn't find them and I delected them, so I'm sure it's not overloaded.

Thanks fort the suggestions anyway Dennis Smile
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Try the following:
Tap the screen and select Navigate To
Next select Point of Interest
Next select POI near you
Tap the right arrow (lower left icon)
From the list presented can you scroll down and find Asda or Classic FM?
if so select the POI category and it should present a list of POI locations relevant to the category selected

I've just done that Mike, neither are listed.

mikealder wrote:
The limit for the POI categories using TomTom version 6 is 100 so I doubt this is an issue in this case unless you have loaded more than Classic and Asda? - Mike

Nope, apart from the speed camera's, that's all that's in the map folder Confused

I have tried downloading the POI's again in firefox in case IE7 curupted (SP?!) the files, still no new POI's available on the 910...............
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbg wrote:
I can see them in explorer, but not browse map - we live fairly close, asda wasn't showing at longwell green or cribbs

How close is "fairly"? Meet up this weekend? I've just tested by downloading ASDA and they are showing on my 710 plain as plain.

nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fella, as much as an offer that is, Mrs & I are heading off to London this weekend and spending Sunday (New Years Eve) night in the company of Kylie Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, why don't you go to a concert or something whilst you're there?

No problem, when you get back offer still stands if you're close enough.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbg wrote:
Nope, apart from the speed camera's, that's all that's in the map folder Confused .......
I would hope there are a few more files than just the speed cameras in a map folder? someone else had similar trouble yesterday with a new 910 please see HERE It could be that you need to zoom in to the map in order to see the POI.

When you mention Asda POI this should be a single POI category in its own right it will not be sub-listed under a different heading, it should appear in your POI list as Asda, the same applies to the Classic FM POI file.

I rolled my 910 back to out of the box configuration last night then updated it directly to 6,522, added the Classic and Asda POI files they both work fine, so the issue must be with your device, have you used it out on the road yet? and do the camera warnings work? - Mike
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Say, why don't you go to a concert or something whilst you're there?

Kylie was great, the concert was ok Laughing
nbg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I would hope there are a few more files than just the speed cameras in a map folder?

Aye, I just mean I've not added anything other than the speed camera files

mikealder wrote:
someone else had similar trouble yesterday with a new 910 please see HERE It could be that you need to zoom in to the map in order to see the POI.

They are not there on the map, I even pulled into the ASDA car park, it's deffo not there on the map.........

mikealder wrote:
When you mention Asda POI this should be a single POI category in its own right it will not be sub-listed under a different heading, it should appear in your POI list as Asda, the same applies to the Classic FM POI file.

They are not listed.

mikealder wrote:
I rolled my 910 back to out of the box configuration last night then updated it directly to 6,522, added the Classic and Asda POI files they both work fine,

I've done the same this morning, still no ASDA or classic FM, did manage to get ATM's working though....

mikealder wrote:
so the issue must be with your device, have you used it out on the road yet? and do the camera warnings work? - Mike

I got it Christmas day and have done about 700 miles on the road with it since then, the camera warnings work perfectly, I'm just pulling out hair trying to get any other POI to work (other than ATM's it appears!) :x

Thanks for all your help Mike Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How close are you to Keynsham?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: