Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom navigator 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom navigator 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mromega
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: TomTom navigator 6 Reply with quote

hows it going people? :D
i am now the proud owner of tom tom navigator 6 for the mda compact 2, but i seem to be having problems already! Confused
basiclly i used to have co pilot live which came with the gps unit, due to unforseen circumstances ( 6 year old cousin with nail varnish making "pretty patterns" on my co pilot cd) i dont have have the software any more, but still have the gps, ive now installed the tom tom nav on the mda, changes all the preferences blah blah, but it tells me theres no gps device! its connected to serial port, its still got the original co pilot name though...
i was wondering if i had to rename it, and if so, what to? is anyone can help it would mbe much appreciated!

cheers in advance!
Mr omega... Driving
nice forum by the way, well done the moderators/admintrators
Mromega
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seemed to have sorted that one out by trial and error!
if anyone has that same problem, all u do (with reference to mda compact 2) go to the blue tooth menu...then go to Com ports (bottom tabs) when in that menu, select new outgoing port and u should see the gps device in the list...which u go on to select (whatsver yours may be)..just follow the screen options, and bingo! it should find the gps now!
now that problems been sorted, tje next question is are there any updates available for speed camera locations and traffic lights etc etc? this is a question asked about 1 million times im sure, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

thanks!
mr Omega
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps THIS might have helped, at least you are sorted with the GPS, sorry I didn't see your post earlier to provide the link! - for a few answers to your other questions please have a look HERE - follow the links and you should get answers to most of what you need.
Oh and a belated Welcome to the forum - Mike
Mromega
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help mikealder, much appreciated :D , and thanks for the welcome! very nice site here

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: