Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cyclic Reundancy Check
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cyclic Reundancy Check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Cyclic Reundancy Check Reply with quote

I have previously downloaded and installed the Speed Zoned Complete camera files onto my TT GO300 and also the spoken warnings.
Tonight I downloaded the latest camera update and, using the card reader slot on my computer, I tried to copy the downloaded files into the UK Maps folder. I got the message:
"Cannot copy Pocketgps_uk_gatso_30: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"
Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Bazzza Confused
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What program is copying the file to the card (via the card reader) - are you using, say, WinZip to extract the file direct to the card, or using Windows built in ZIP feature? If so, are you extracting the file to your hard disk and then copying it to the card, or extracting direct to the card?

With the little information provided, I wonder if the ZIP file has not downloaded correctly, and the CRC error is coming from the error checking built into the ZIP format? The only other option that springs to mind is some slight corruption on the card itself, which the program being used is detecting.

Try downloading the file again, and see what happens then?
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Cyclic Redundancy Check Reply with quote

Thanks Swing,
I dumped what I had downloaded previously and started again. I inserted the SD card into my reader and opened the Maps folder. I unzipped the files that I had downloaded, selected all and copied them. I then pasted them into the Maps file on my SD card and they replaced the old files that were on there perfectly.
I don't know what the difference was this time but it worked ok.
Thanks for your help.
Bazzza

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: