Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - C330 SD Card Not Working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

C330 SD Card Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tostes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: C330 SD Card Not Working Reply with quote

Please, I bought a brand new C330 from Amazon on July 2006. The unit works very well when iīm in the us using the preloaded maps. The problem is that the unit seens to be not recognizing any SD card inserted on it. Just bought from Amazon 7 days ago a fresh copy of Mapsource European navigator version 8 DVD, unlocked the product with success, used a card reader to program the card (itīs impossible to use the unit to tranfer the maps to the SD card) and nothing happens. Iīm going to europe, i spent a lot of money and nothing happens. There are no information at all at garminīs web site on how to use a diferent mapset in the unitīs sd card slot, in the product manual, nothing. I have the lastest firmware version installed (5.30). Using the diagnostic screen i can see that the unit is not detecting the SD card ("no card inserted"). tried to use different card size, tried to transfer just a few maps, tried to format again the card but nothing happens. I was in NYC this monday and inserted the card preprogramed with the map of Lyon (France) on a Best Buyīs c330 display unit and also a Nuvi. They both startup with the message "cannot unlock maps". Of course they canīt because i unlocked the mapsource software to my gps serial number. But this message shows that these units are working well. When i entered the diagnostic page in the Best Buy unit it does recgonize the SD card (size, etc, etc.). I saw on the internet people talking about problems to load POIīs to C330 SD cards. Iīm starting to figure out that Garmin sold many many units with defective SD card interface or firmware or just the slot but no hardware interface at all. It seen an absurd to me, it seens unbelivable. Does anybody know something about this issue?
tostes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: c330 sd slot not working Reply with quote

Got no answer from Garmin tech support in a month. Sending support request again and again:

PLEASE, I'M STILL WAITING AN ANSWER FOR MY PROBLEM. I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY WITH GARMIN PRODUCTS AND I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THIS IS YOUR NORMAL TECH SUPPORT STANDARD. MY FIRST EMAIL TO GARMIN SUPPORT WAS SENT ON NOVEMBER 8. THE SECOND ONE ON NOVEMBER 16. YOU CAN FOLLOW AGAIN:

SENDING THE SUPPORT REQUEST AGAIN BECAUSE I GOT NO RESPONSE FOR MY PREVIOUS REQUEST (8 DAYS AGO): I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW C330 FROM AMAZON ON JULY 2006. THE UNIT IS NOT RECOGNIZING ANY SD CARD INSERTED. USING THE DIAGNOSTIC SCREEN I SEE THAT THE UNIT IS NOT DETECTING THE SD CARD. MY UNIT SAYS:

SIZE NO CARD
SERIAL NO CARD
READ-ONLY? NO CARD
--:--:-- ------
MODEL NO CARD

BOUGHT FROM AMAZON 11/01 A FRESH COPY OF MAPSOURCE EUROPEAN NAVIGATOR VERSION 8 DVD, UNLOCKED THE PRODUCT WITH SUCCESS, USED A CARD READER TO PROGRAM THE CARD (ITīS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE THE UNIT TO TRANFERS THE MAPS TO THE SD CARD) AND NOTHING HAPPENS. IīM GOING TO EUROPE, SPENT A LOT OF MONEY AND NOTHING HAPPENS. THERE IS NO INFORMATION AT ALL AT GARMINīS WEB SITE, IN THE PRODUCT MANUAL, NOTHING. THE QUESTION IS VERY SIMPLE: I HAVE A BRAND NEW C330 WITH THE LAST FIRMWARE VERSION INSTALLED, I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW COPY OF EUROPEAN CITY NAVIGATOR VERSION 8. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO HAVE THE MAPS WORKING IN MY GSP UNIT? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.

TRIED TO USE DIFFERENT CARD SIZE, TRIED TO FORMAT CARDS USING FAT, FAT32, DIFFERENT CLUSTER SIZES, TRIED TO TRANSFER JUST A FEW MAPS TO THE UNIT, TRIED TO TRANFER THE WHOLE EUROPE TRIED TO FORMAT AGAIN THE CARD BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I WAS IN NYC 11/06 AND INSERTED THE CARD PREPROGRAMED WITH THE MAP OF LYON (FRANCE) ON A BEST BUYīS C330 DISPLAY UNIT AND ALSO A NUVI. THEY BOTH STARTUP WITH THE MESSAGE "CANNOT UNLOCK MAPS". OF COURSE THEY CANīT BECAUSE I UNLOCKED THE MAPSOURCE SOFTWARE TO MY GPS SERIAL NUMBER. BUT THIS MESSAGE SHOWS THAT THESE UNITS ARE WORKING WELL. WHEN I ENTERED THE DIAGNOSTIC PAGE IN THE BEST BUY UNIT IT DOES RECGONIZE THE SD CARD (SIZE, ETC, ETC.).
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I HAVE A UNITY WITH NO MEANS OF EXPANSION? THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: