Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Firmware 3.20 released for Nuvi 310 / 360
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware 3.20 released for Nuvi 310 / 360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Firmware 3.20 released for Nuvi 310 / 360 Reply with quote

Garmin have just released an update for the above Nuvi models.

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1529
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that the changes from 3.10 to 3.20 are as follows:

Added support for importing M3U playlists.
Added SMS / Text Message Support for compatible phones
Changed the safety camera alarm rate
Fixed a demo unit localization problem
Default to the full demo wizard
Added Lithuanian text language support
Made dealer requested translation changes
Show ferry lines on the map
Fixed a picture viewer bug
Added High-capacity SD card support
Fixed the display of coordinates on the review page
Fixed a British Grid Problem on the Coordinates page
Fixed a Traffic page problem where distances where not always shown

Anyone know what the speed camera alert changes are yet?
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Anyone know what the speed camera alert changes are yet?

If its like the latest 300 firmware then it bongs less frequently (I think every five seconds instead of one) when over the limit.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with Garmin yesterday and registered my comments about the speed camera alert changing from once every second to once every six seconds. They advised that they would pass this on to their development team and that if enough people contacted them then it was likely that they would review this change and find a more acceptable limit.

Might be worth a go.
rikbak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: nuvi 310 s/w update Bluetooth problems Reply with quote

Hi

I've had my nuvi 310D since 11 0ct 06. When I got it i paired it with my samsung d900 it all worked great.

Now i have updated the s/w to 3.2 the nuvi will not dial out or synch the phonebook, text messages or call history even though all the relevant screens on the nuvi indicate a bluetooth connection exists with the phone.

Garmin's response was to direct me to the Engineer's diagnostics screen (if you want to but don't know how to do this just let me know) and to update the Bluetooth Firmware. Did this and had no effect.

I have now reinstalled the 3.2 update several times, reset nuvi and phone several times and deleted and re-paired the devices several times to no effect

Also since the update the battery monitor icon shows only 1 bar of charge regardless of how long the battery is charged for

All the other functions of the nuvi work fine

Has anyone else had any problems running 3.2 and can anyone please offer me any further assistance
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have a d900 but have not had problems with latest firmware. ok, text messages don't work but that's a phone compatibility issue i guess.

dialling out and synching is fine

MaFt
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

revert back if not happy Laughing not easy but it can be done Laughing Laughing
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: 4.20 now available Reply with quote

Changes made from version 4.10 to 4.20:

* Improved Safety camera alert tone
* Added fixes for MPC maps
* Added support for Russian, Turkish, Slovak, and Estonian pre-recorded voices
* Fixed some Swedish, French, German, and Dutch text translation issues
* Fixed up/down arrows on JPEG review page
* Fixed next turn announcement while still acquiring satellites
* Increased speed of software update procedure
* Updated localization info with Mexico, Brazil and German/Czech map
* Fixed to be able to find land and marine MDB points
* Improved address search: remembering country name across languages
* Fixed to always display map copyright information on poweron
* Changed to write map and speed camera information to XML product information file
* Fixed problems with driving on left and double U-turns
* Improved Map Vehicle load time
* Fixed display of Ferry lines

I'm interested to know what changes have been made to the speed alerts now - whether they've fixed any of the issues with the 5 second alerts of the previous firmware version...
rikbak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have spent ages re-pairing, rebooting nuvi and phone and reloading the update but to no effect.

BUT it all now works ok again. The fix seems to be to pair the nuvi with another phone (doesn't matter whether the nuvi works with this other phone or not) then delete all the bluetooth devices on the nuvi. Reboot the nuvi using the pre-boot protocol, upgrade the Bluetooth Firmware using the Engineer's Diagnostics screen on the nuvi and re-pair the nuvi with your original phone. All running ok now.

Maybe sounded like a one off problem but my mates nuvi has just failed with his d900 not long after updating to vers 3.2. Fixed his the same way and all is well. Sooooo MaFt beware you might get a problem in the not too dim and distant. Cool website by the way thanks for taking the trouble
Dave_itfc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth problems Reply with quote

rikbak wrote:

BUT it all now works ok again. The fix seems to be to pair the nuvi with another phone (doesn't matter whether the nuvi works with this other phone or not) then delete all the bluetooth devices on the nuvi. Reboot the nuvi using the pre-boot protocol, upgrade the Bluetooth Firmware using the Engineer's Diagnostics screen on the nuvi and re-pair the nuvi with your original phone. All running ok now.

I too have updated my Nuvi and now have bluetooth problems. I have a Sony Ericsson K700i (not listed as compatible but fully functional with previous version firmware) which now locks up at random but is guaranteed to do so whenever receiving or making a call. Turning off the Nuvi brings the phone out of its locked up state. I've tried the deletion, upgrade, repair approach but the phone will still always lockup. Is it possible to revert to an older bluetooth firmware?
rikbak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can reverse the update but not got a clue how to do it.

V3.2 needs a look at by Garmin, previous version was faultess and I would sooner have call functions rather than being able to view text messages which V3.2 offers. My nuvi won't now drop the connection with the phone once the bluetooth is turned off on the phone. Seems like once they're connected, deliberate disconnection causes problems.
rikbak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave_tifc try this (no guarantees though mate)

Let the phone and nuvi connect then cancel the connection by using the phone's bluetooth disconnect function

Then send all the contacts from your phone's address book by bluetooth to the nuvi

Let the devices reconnect automatically or force the connection by using the phone to connect

For some reason this seems to make the bluetooth connection more robust and also will allow more than one number per contact to appear on the nuvi e.g mobile and home

If you just allow the devices to connect automatically the nuvi appears to only read the first number for each contact.

Hope this helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: