Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Following up on my post about mobile locations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Following up on my post about mobile locations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Following up on my post about mobile locations Reply with quote

(on the tomtom forum)

Will mobile locations be removed if someone updates an entry in the database?

I ask this, because if not, then eventually every single layby, bridge, police point on motorway, etc will be marked, and the list will become pointless.

OTOH if they can be removed, then given the very low frequency of hits, and an incomplete database, there seems to be little point in having them, as 95% plus will be false warnings (100% in my experience so far) plus you will miss some that are there but not marked because someone else removed them (5 in the stretch between M40 J10 and J9).

A long winded way of asking how I can remove just the mobile locations?

I currently have the 5 types of camera database downloaded, wouldnt want to go to the hassle of loading the ?27? different ones minus the mobiles (Not sure how many types of mobile).

Suppose I could just switch off the warning for mobiles if its not possible?

TIA

tw
Antoeknee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the speed zoned you could just untick the warn when near POI
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Following up on my post about mobile locations Reply with quote

Tumbleweed wrote:
(on the tomtom forum)
OTOH if they can be removed, then given the very low frequency of hits, and an incomplete database, there seems to be little point in having them, as 95% plus will be false warnings (100% in my experience so far) plus you will miss some that are there but not marked because someone else removed them (5 in the stretch between M40 J10 and J9).
tw

The five cameras that were sited between jct 9 & 10 of the M40 weren't mobile cameras but temporary ones sited because of roadworks.
It appears as if some, if not yet all, of these cameras have now been removed as the works have been completed.

Hopefully these won't be included in the PGPS camera database when it is next updated.
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Following up on my post about mobile locations Reply with quote

RDS wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:
(on the tomtom forum)
tw

The five cameras that were sited between jct 9 & 10 of the M40 weren't mobile cameras but temporary ones sited because of roadworks.
It appears as if some, if not yet all, of these cameras have now been removed as the works have been completed.

Hopefully these won't be included in the PGPS camera database when it is next updated.

OK that makes sense, though the warning I got for them was 'mobile'.
Do you know if its the same warning for mobile and temporary?

FWIW they have all been removed, I checked in both directions.

Tw
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icon set I use has a question mark in a white circle for temporary cameras and, if I actually used mobile warnings, the mobile icon would be the appropriate speed limit sign with mobile written along the bottom.As I've said elsewhere because of the frequency of warnings I don't use mobile warnings and delete the mobile sites before uploading.

I can't remember where I downloaded these from but I don't believe they are the standard icons which come with a TT910.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS wrote:
The icon set I use has a question mark in a white circle for temporary cameras and, if I actually used mobile warnings, the mobile icon would be the appropriate speed limit sign with mobile written along the bottom....
I can't remember where I downloaded these from but I don't believe they are the standard icons which come with a TT910.

Sounds like they may be the ones I made. Available HERE (zip archive)................
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS wrote:
The icon set I use has a question mark in a white circle for temporary cameras and, if I actually used mobile warnings, the mobile icon would be the appropriate speed limit sign with mobile written along the bottom.As I've said elsewhere because of the frequency of warnings I don't use mobile warnings and delete the mobile sites before uploading.

Could you provide a reference or explanation of how to do that please....if you are uploading the zoned set. If its all 27 categories (or whatever) I can see how to do that :-)

Much appreciated

Tw
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TW.... If you have the speed-zoned set of camera POIs (or any POI for that matter), you can choose one of the inbuilt icons to go with them, but if you put a bitmap picture of the right size/shape/colour depth AND WITH THE SAME NAME AS THE POI FILES (but with the .bmp file extension) into the same place (your map folder), then that picture will show up as the icon.

So, if for example, you downloaded the ones I linked to above, you should get a set of files called "pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp", "pocketgps_uk_mobile_40.bmp" etc. which should match the names of the camera POI files you get from here ("pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2" etc.).

Copy all of those into your map folder too, and they should then show up on the display as you drive instead of the default camera icon.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: