Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Have I been sold a PUP?? (AANav 2006 on iPaq3635)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Have I been sold a PUP?? (AANav 2006 on iPaq3635)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Have I been sold a PUP?? (AANav 2006 on iPaq3635) Reply with quote

As I've previously pointed out in my other post I'm just the wrong side of the start line in terms GPS knowledge and I'm being led in the style of 'you could sell me a chocolate fireguard' and I'd be none the wiser.

I requested a nice little package of TT5 to go on my aspiring iPaq3635 (bless its little cotton socks). Ex-Stock and £6 postage for next day delivery. Needless to say after waiting 2 days I rang the supplier (www.easydevices.co.uk) and enquired where’s my order. Ah! they said we've got no stock of the ex-stock TT5 but not to 'chicken curry' (aka Worry) as they were going to send me the next best thing - AANav2006. After a further 2 days the Alternative to the Ex-Stock option (hope you’re keeping up) arrived via a courier (other than the express courier previously agreed) and I opened my parcel like a child on Christmas morning.

After painstakingly following the installation instructions (because the Compact Memory card provided was the incorrect type but that’s another story and they were kind enough to provide an original installation disk as well) I gleefully turned to my 3635 and selected 'Setup'. I was so excited I could have pee'd but this soon turned disappointment as I was greeted by the phrase 'Cannot find 'setup' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.'

So Whaaaaaaat have I done wrong?

Any ideas for the massed ranks would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setup needs to be executed on the computer while the iPAQ is connected through Activesync.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I excuted the Setup command from the Installation CD which has copied the files from the Desktop to the ipaq via activesync. Now I can see the Setup command (on the ipaq storage card via explore) on my desktop neither selecting the setup file via the desktop explore window or on the screen of the PDA doesn't launch the application.

Now I've done a bit more reading and notye that AANav requires Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC my ipaq has Windows CE.

Any other ideas??
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Have moved from CE apparantly I was running PPC2000 and purchased the upgrade to PPC2002.

So I've got everything set - stacks of memory, all the software uploaded, meeting all the System Requirements and so I go to the iPaq and select 'Setup' for AANav and am met with the following screen

'Cannot find Setuyp (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available'

Someone must have some idea what the problem is? Surely it can't only be me that sees this as a challenge now??
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for those of you who may have experienced an interest in my little dilemma heres the latest.

13th Oct Spend numerous hours trying to install from PC to CF in PDA without success

14th Oct phone AANAV support - charged £3.00 (£1.50 pm) to be told that support is only available during office hours during the week

15th Oct back to basics - Note that the minimum System Requirements are Pocket PC 2002. So I contact Compaq (on-line support) and translate my iPaq Windows CE information to discover I'm running PPC2000. Compaq no longer provide the upgrade from 2000 to 2002. But, they suggest an alternative source.

16th Oct place order for Pocket PC upgrade £9.99+VAT

17th Oct Upgrade arrives. Spend a few hours upgrading iPaq operating system and reinstalling AANav. Still Doesn't work!!

18th Oct Contact AANav - Sophie - TeamWarrior(support@teamwarrior.co.uk) - (£3.00 (£1.50pm)) why won't this load on PPC2002? its not compatible! why does it say it is on the sleeve? because the sleeves wrong we're still waiting for the replacement sleeves! How was I supposed to find that out? Work your way through the AANav website! What can I do now? Contact your supplier!

18th Spoke to supplier who said that they would try to source TT5!!

So where do I go from here?
gpsn3wbie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send it back to easydevices and wait till you can get TT5.
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've got TT5. Installed it only to find that the GPS Antenna didn't work Crying or Very sad fairplay to them hey immediately dispatched a replacement. Then I found that the postcode element on TT5 doesn't work. However, been on the TT website and found the fix. Its doesn't appear to have any voices installed so I'm going to have a play with that next ..... exciting times lay ahead Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butch, what were you supplied with a pre-installed SD card or a CD with TTN5 loaded? - If its the CD you can add the voices manually from the installer on the PC - Mike
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all gone Pete Tong (aka Wrong) Crying or Very sad

First things First - TT5 was only supplied on a preinstalled memory card. No voice data supplied However, I found the voices on the TT website (theres about 6 that are free).

Secondly, yesterday fixed the postcode glich, installed the free voices and downloaded some POI data from the TT website.

Everything, looked fine. Plugged it all into the car this morning only to be met with a blinking LED on the GPS Antenna and the screen reporting awaiting GPS Device. Hung the antenna out the window to see if that resolved anything, no joy. Attempted re-configuring the Antenna information witout success. Any suggestions ? reset facotry defaults?

I will not be beaten I. I've got this far and theres no looking back. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. How easy is it to reinstall this software (I note of the installation is on the device and some on the Memory card).

Cheers
Butch
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we progress. Reset the pda and reinstalled software. Fired the beastie up and set a course for distant lands (an hours journey). After 45 Minutes TT just shutdown. Cycled the PDA - No Joy didn't detect the GPS Antenna - Reset the PDA (via the reset button) - and everything came back online - lets see what the next 24hrs brings.

I battle continues. Ideas, hints and tips grately appreciated.
ButchDingle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well update - worked faultessly this morning. But froze on the return journey home .... we crack on

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: