Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman icn 530 or Garmin C510D
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman icn 530 or Garmin C510D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nexus12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Navman icn 530 or Garmin C510D Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to the forum (and to sat nav) and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which unit is best out of:

1) Navman icn 530 with the TMC module
2) Garmin C510D with the GTM21 (At least I think its the 21 that comes with this unit!?)

Traffic updates is something that would be really useful to me, travelling between Yorkshire, Cheshire and Lancashire on a regular basis. However I have read a lot on the forums about trouble with the traffic reception on the Garmin units and was wondering if the two units have a different method of picking up the info and if one is better than the other?

Also I would want to add the Speed Camera Database from the site, so looking for easy of use when adding custom POI's (not looking for instructions on how to do that here, I know thats else where in the forum!)

My budget is around £250 so if anyone else has a different suggestion for the money that has live traffic info please suggest away.

Thanks

Adam :D
PeterRankin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Navman icn 530 Reply with quote

Costco are about to sell (from tomorrow 23 Oct) the ICN 530 at £141 with a voucher posted to all memebers. Maximum 5 deals per member. I'll be at the front of the queue.

Amazon appear cheapest for the add on T1, but long delivery schedule.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: