Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Miomap 3.2 Install Disk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Miomap 3.2 Install Disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Miomap 3.2 Install Disk Reply with quote

With all the trouble that we have had getting our Mio devices updated to 3.2 and working properly, it occurred to me that if I ever needed to reinstall Miomap in my 710 I will have to go through all the pain of installing from the 3.1 disk, running the upgrade process, and wondering if it was going to work properly. So last night I made a 3.2 install disk.
All I did to create the disk was to copy the entire 3.1 installation DVD into a new folder on the PC, and then replace all the files that had replacements of the same name from the \cache folder of the 'upgrade' installation on the PC, including of course all the maps. Then I burned a new DVD from the modified folder.
This morning I have used the DVD to do a complete new installation - programs and maps - onto my 710 and it is working fine as far as I can see from my desk.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Miomap 3.2 Install Disk Reply with quote

I should have mentioned in here:
Sallyann wrote:
and then replace all the files that had replacements of the same name from the \cache folder of the 'upgrade' installation on the PC, including of course all the maps.

that the new file 'greatbritain7ppc.fbl' should be renamed to 'greatbritain.fbl' when you copy it over. Otherwise the old 3.1 installation program won't recognise it.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really are all going to have to send you a box of choccies for Christmas Sal. :-)

BTW, I can not actually run anything from the CD. In won't auto run and going via "My Computer" to the CD drive says its a 1GB disc and is full but will not show any contents. Windows explorer shows the contents but no program will run from it. I note that both discs actually claim to be DVD's on the label but I have a CD/DVD player on the laptop and the one with Mio Transfer on it works OK. This is on Win 2000 at latest fix level.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:
We really are all going to have to send you a box of choccies for Christmas Sal. :-)

BTW, I can not actually run anything from the CD. In won't auto run and going via "My Computer" to the CD drive says its a 1GB disc and is full but will not show any contents. Windows explorer shows the contents but no program will run from it. I note that both discs actually claim to be DVD's on the label but I have a CD/DVD player on the laptop and the one with Mio Transfer on it works OK. This is on Win 2000 at latest fix level.

You will need a DVD-R to create the new disk. There is about 1.3 GB to copy, so it won't go on to a CD.
The file structure must be exactly the same as the original disk, with the 'autorun.inf' and 'setup.exe' files in the root. Then it shouldn't fail to autostart. Have you tried running the 'setup.exe' file directly? This is what the autorun file tries to do.

Sal
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does the usual thing an icon does when you click it but nothing else happens. I tried a setup file from a little deeper in the directory tree. That at least started but whinged about no parameters. But of course I had no idea what they should be. I don't understand why win 2K can't display the contents of the DVD in "My Computer" - But then it *is* windows :-) I might take the DVD next door and see what his XP system makes of it.
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spotted someone over on gpspassion has the same problem - An install DVD that does not work on a recently bought C710.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: