Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Return route/saving a planned itinerary
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Return route/saving a planned itinerary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Return route/saving a planned itinerary Reply with quote

Hello,
the C710 is my first GPS therefore please pardon me if the following questions might be naive:
- after travelling to a destination is there a simple method to have the C710 take you back the same way you came from?
- I sometimes wish to plan a number of trips ahead of time in a location which is different from the various departure places. Having prepared the routes with via points in Map view is it possible to save the complete itineraries for future use?
I assumed I could outline a trip, trigger it in flyover view and record it with the travel log feature. The result however after turning on the device the following time was that I got a blank screen and both the power and menu buttons did not respond at all. I had to clear start the system with the on/off button at the bottom of the GPS to get it going again. Of course I did not try that recording procedure again which anyhow seemed too elaborate and long. There must be a more simple one.
- both DVD’s in the Gps package don’t read well on my computer (their windows are small). I tried reducing the screen resolution but it didn’t help.
If anyone can clarify thank you very much!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with the return route.

But after you planned a route, a route.dat file will be in the \My Documents\iGO2006 folder.

You could save that and restore as needed.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
qmulguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to the forum and previously a TT5 user, so just getting used to the C710. I am interested in being able to save the routes if possible, but where and how do you get at the route.dat file to copy it.
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to use either the transfer hack(search this forum) or bluetooth - so that would mean having a PC handy.

I am new to the C710 too - What I would do would be plan the routes in advance, making a quick note on paper if any via or avoids were needed and than re generate them as required.

Does anyone one know of an easy way to generate a route for checking purposes from A to B when one is at C?
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:

Does anyone one know of an easy way to generate a route for checking purposes from A to B when one is at C?

When GPS is active, even when in the route "Edit" screen, the C510/C710 annoyingly persists in putting your current GPS location in.

I tried setting routes remote from my current GPS location when sitting in a room deep inside a building, where there is absolutely no hope of the device locking on to a satellite, and that appeared to work. That seems to be the only way.

Peasemold
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sitting in a room deep inside a building, where there is absolutely no hope of the device locking on to a satellite,

Thats handy, wonder if Hitler`s bunker is still free? Laughing

Dil..

tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nono, just disable the "automatic route recalculation" and you will be able to plan a-b while being at c.

/M

Peasemold wrote:
GPSBear wrote:

When GPS is active, even when in the route "Edit" screen, the C510/C710 annoyingly persists in putting your current GPS location in.

I tried setting routes remote from my current GPS location when sitting in a room deep inside a building, where there is absolutely no hope of the device locking on to a satellite, and that appeared to work. That seems to be the only way.

Peasemold
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was blindingly obvious :-) Thanks.
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tegel wrote:
Nono, just disable the "automatic route recalculation" and you will be able to plan a-b while being at c.

/M

Peasemold wrote:
GPSBear wrote:

Peasemold

Oops! I need to raise my knuckles off the floor and start eating more Omega 3

Peasemold
qmulguy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

But after you planned a route, a route.dat file will be in the \My Documents\iGO2006 folder.

After several aborted attempts, I have successfully been able to see the contents of the Flash drive on my C710, but I can find no such folder or anything like it.

I can see the contents of \My Flash Drive, but there are only about 6 folders there and a couple of files.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I used a Bluetooth v1.2 dongle on my PC and also used my PDA to access the C710, but in both cases I saw the same files.

Hope someone can shed some light.

qmulguy
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it in the my documents\miomap folder on teh C710 flash - no idea how to use it - but would love the Mio to have the ability to create/store/recall routes. In my job I go to the same destinations regularly and having a stored library of routes would be advantageous.

Yes - I know if I keep going here then I will not need the sat nav - it's just that I drive with TMC active. Wink Wink

Come on you hackers, and SalltAnn, there must be a way of doing this

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: