Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 5 dell axim blue tooth problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 5 dell axim blue tooth problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigstu25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: tomtom 5 dell axim blue tooth problem Reply with quote

I have had dell axim 5 a couple of years now with tom-tom 5 using tom-tom blue tooth receiver. Was working ok but I dropped axim a couple of days ago and battery fell of. When I put it back together when I use tom-tom part it doesn't pick up signal from receiver I get message at the bottom no gps device I have checked Bluetooth receiver on dell is working as I can transfer pictures from my phone. On the blue tooth connection on the settings when I press search for devices it lists tom-tom wireless GPS would be grateful if anyone knows if I need to do to reset as although I have had dell for a few years now I am still a novice if anything goes wrong thanks
gpsn3wbie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

sounds like you just need to pair the receiver with your PDA and maybe reconfigure within TomTom.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=bluetooth&FID=473
bigstu25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: still not working Reply with quote

managed to pair reciever with blue tooth it recognises tomtom device but cant get other to work have tried all the sugested but don't seem to have bluetooth listed just I only get gps is conected to either USB CABLE: COM3 : NATIVE IR: SERIAL CABLE ON COM 1 when i try to configure gps on tomtom and none of these seem to work my pda seems to be working on 2003so set up a different from other sugested site would apreciate if you have any other sugestions thanks as i am at a loss
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you tried to configure the GPS in the TomTom application did you go to the Bluetooth Manager, find the GPS in the list tap and hold from the pop-up select "Connect".
Now to configure in TomTom select "Other Bluetooth GPS" if its still not listed, try selecting "Other cabled NMEA GPS" I appreciate its a Bluetooth device, but the Other cabled setting used to work for a lt of users - Mike
bigstu25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: bluetooth Reply with quote

When I go to Bluetooth manager it recognises tom-tom Bluetooth I put in the code 0000 and is recognised its when I go to configure on tom-tom part I have tried on all 3 sections tom-tom Bluetooth, other Bluetooth and other cabled receiver on booth the other Bluetooth and other cabled receiver I get the choice USB CABLE: COM3: NATIVE IR: SERIAL CABLE ON COM 1
none of these choices seem to work I have read on the tom-tom site and ollowed what you have suggested so am not sure I am missing something
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: bluetooth Reply with quote

bigstu25 wrote:
When I go to Bluetooth manager it recognises tom-tom Bluetooth I put in the code 0000 and is recognised

At this point have you tried doing what I said earlier Before you tried to configure the GPS in the TomTom application did you go to the Bluetooth Manager, find the GPS in the list tap and hold from the pop-up select "Connect". This is an additional step required to connect the serial port between the devices, Then configure the TomTom GPS preferences - Mike
bigstu25
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I used a slightly diferent way as the one you showed is for 2002 works mines has 2003. What TomTom have said axim5 isn't one that is listed as compatable with tomtom bluetooth on tomtom 5 and this is why i could be having isues with conection I am wating for them to get back to me as when i purchased upgrade i told them I had Dell axim ex5running on bluetooth and they said nothing about not working when purchased. At the moment I am not sure what to do also confused as it has worked for 7 months before this
Thanks for all your help so far if you have any other sugestions they would apreciated thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: