Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Subscriber...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Subscriber...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niniwarner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: New Subscriber... Reply with quote

Hi There!
I enquired with Garmin about updating my StreetPilot i3 to include Speed Camera's and they have kindly directed me to your site.
I have two questions and please excuse my being such a novice:
1)
I have subscribed for your annual updates and after much reading I still was not clear which databases I could should use. (Have you had feedback before about the getting started process being a little unclear for those new to the site?) I obviously want to be covered as much as possible (esp. having just had a sneeky 'no warning' speed camera take my picture on Epping high road!) and finally chose to download 3x different types onto my PC as I wasnt sure which file names related to the featured descriptions? There is a simple automated process on my Garmin to download them onto my StreetPilot, though I have no idea which or what information, if indeed maybe all, it automatically loaded from the saved folder? A message said 1057 POI were successfully downloaded... Hopefully you have some experience with garmin products and may answer if I should have saved all the Files and not just the 3x I chose? and should I have saved them to file and downloaded them one by one? Does '1057 POI' indicate all the information was correctly downloaded as obviously there are many more cameras than that about?

2) I have joined the mailing list and just want to check how often is the database updated? and will I be automatically emailed of this?

Apologies again for the 'novice' questions and I look forward to you assistance
With Kind Regards for now
Janine
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janine, I sugest you start by reading the camera help guides, they are on the left, under Help/Speed Cameras. If you are still stuck, post again, and someone will help. Personally, I use the "Single File all Cameras", It is only one file to download, and you can get the hang of doing/using it,and perhaps use one of the other databases, when you get used to it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: