Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hide POI in tomtom 6?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide POI in tomtom 6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiem1987
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Hide POI in tomtom 6? Reply with quote

hiya, in tomtom 5 there used to be a button that says hide poi and increases speed of the display when moving, however i cant find this in tomtom6 does any 1 know some sort of hack to get rid of them from the maps

ps the option in tomtom 5 didnt disable pois it just got rid of them off the map so you could still set sound warnings etc..

thanks in advance
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go in to preferences the one page on enable disable poi that should take all of them off the screen

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jamiem1987
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya yeah but it doesnt speed up the display and i cant then navigate to pois like i could in tt5 with themdisabled, hmmm guess the only way to go is back to 5.20, whats the speed of the display like on tomtom 6 on other peoples hx4700? many thanks
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you be able to find and navigate to them with pois dissabled the menu system is different to tt5 its just slightly different way of doing things what decive are you running it on

device Lumia 950 xl
jamiem1987
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a hewlett packard hx4700 even with everything disabled it runs sooooo slowly, it did this before thought but the hide poi button sorted it, im trying to install it on the device now as opposed to a card now and see what happens
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as a thought have put wm 05 on the 4700 if so this is know to ake the 4700 sluggish

device Lumia 950 xl
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamiem1987, I feel your pain... Crying or Very sad

Yes, Tomtom 6 is slow and jerky, and the 'hide POI' solution has inexplicably been removed. At best the screen refreshes only 1 or 2 times per second on a Tungsten T3 (which has a fast processor and used to manage Tomtom 5 quite happily). Overclocking does not help, nor does disabling (or completetly deleting) POIs.

Maybe the 'hide POI' feature was removed "at the request of customers..."Rolling Eyes
chipfork
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using TTNAV 6 on an HX4700 with WM2005 and it runs fine as long as you don't have too many POIs enabled. If you have the HX4700 and WM2005 worth checking you have the latest firmware 2.01 which improves performance significantly.

I tried enabling about 15/20 POI's and the drop in performance was dramatic to say the least, it was unusable, the map seemed to be updating every 5 secs or longer. I'm now down to about 5 or 6 POIs and it's fine, any others I want to see I've set for POI Warnings rather than enabling them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: