Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Streetpilot i3 FROM EBUYER ? Removable Memory ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Streetpilot i3 FROM EBUYER ? Removable Memory ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAWA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Garmin Streetpilot i3 FROM EBUYER ? Removable Memory ? Reply with quote

The Garmin Streetpilot i3 FROM EBUYER says it comes with the “Removable Memory 256 MB TransFlash Card”

Is this the type I should go for and buy a carder reader?

What happens if I get the type with the inbuilt memory, can I still upload POI ?

EBUYER LINK.
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=21738703366&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3NwZWNpZmljYXRpb25z&product_uid=105973
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the i3 has a card then the mapping is on the card and there is no need to buy anything extra....if the i3 comes with no card ,then the maps are ii an internal memory, then to load pois you buy a micro sd card and a reader/writer ....
nitelife
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
if the i3 has a card then the mapping is on the card and there is no need to buy anything extra....if the i3 comes with no card ,then the maps are ii an internal memory, then to load pois you buy a micro sd card and a reader/writer ....

Is this true now?

I have had two units, the first one had a card and the loader put poi's on it automatically.

The second had a card also, but the loader kept trying to put poi's into internal memory and kept running out of space (as you would expect).

I had to use a memory card reader/writer in order to put the poi's on the card directly.
JAWA2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I correct it saying it makes very little difference if it inbuilt memory or removable?
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:

My understanding is that the newer units come with a transflash card but the maps are sill installed on the internal memory and not on the card which is to be used for POIs.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAWA2 wrote:
So am I correct it saying it makes very little difference if it inbuilt memory or removable?

You are correct apart from the small possibility that you might need a card reader to upload the POIs onto the card. Others can confirm this as mine is one of the older ones with the maps installed on the card.
mussey1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy them at a lower price £125.00 from Carphone Warehouse.

:D
IanE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
zogman wrote:

My understanding is that the newer units come with a transflash card but the maps are sill installed on the internal memory and not on the card which is to be used for POIs.

Not neccesarily.

I bought from Maplin, the maps were on memory (ie. not transflash). No card was supplied. I had to buy a card (Scan were among the cheapest) and a card reader. There is unlikely to be enough free memory on the i3 to put all the PGPSW Speed Cams and MaFt's POIs.

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: