Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom in South West England
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom in South West England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Interwired
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: TomTom in South West England Reply with quote

Hi,

After much research I've decided on choosing TomTom for my o2 XDA, however Im concerned about the reports of missing towns/areas on Maps, particualy in the South West. Confused

I live in Somerset, and frequently travel through devon to Cornwall. In the list of missing places on TomTom I see lots of Towns around where I live and which I travel too (Glastonbury, Street, Wells, Shepton Mallet, Cambourne, Redruth), and in Fact I expect it very doubtfull that my home village will be listed (Puriton). Rolling Eyes

As these places are not listed, does this mean its not possible to Plot a Route to them Question

Thanks
Mearns
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you're in luck with Puriton - it is listed, as are all the others except Camborne and Redruth, yet Pool and Illogan are listed! You'll also be out of luck with Minehead and Watchet. The road names are all there, just the town names are missing.

Fortunately in the 4 months I've had TTN2 I haven't had these problems yet in Scotland (although I'll bet missing names are around somewhere), nor in one trip down to the South West. I personally find it much easier to find the destination on the PC in Autoroute and then scroll to the same location on the map in TTN2 and mark it with the stylus as the destination and/or put it in Favourites. Not much good if you're on the road without a PC and don't know the area you're going to though!
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Odd Reply with quote

Redruth Station is there but they say it is in a place called Mount Ambrose.

I suppose it comes down to interpretation of an area/town and what it is called. I bet places such as South Chelsea (Battersea) are missing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: