Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTOne - Advanced Route Planning Query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTOne - Advanced Route Planning Query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CobaltBlueUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: TTOne - Advanced Route Planning Query Reply with quote

Minor annoyance... maybe its just me.

If I use the "advanced planning" feature in the menu.

I can specify that I want to depart from point X and go to point Y. It will calculate a route and show all of the options such as demo, view as text, summary etc..

However when you press done, it loses that route and calculates a new route to destination point Y from your current location which is HOME for me.

Is it not possible to use TTOne with the planned route intact?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you want to do...
If you want to study the route it worked out, don't press "done" press "route". Then you can view it as text, images etc, see the overview on the map, or run the animated route demo.

If, however, you want to store that route and still use the One to navigate, then no you can't.
You'd have to do your X-Y as an Itinerary instead, which you CAN save and re-load.
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: TTOne - Advanced Route Planning Query Reply with quote

CobaltBlueUk wrote:
Minor annoyance... maybe its just me.

If I use the "advanced planning" feature in the menu.

I can specify that I want to depart from point X and go to point Y. It will calculate a route and show all of the options such as demo, view as text, summary etc..

However when you press done, it loses that route and calculates a new route to destination point Y from your current location which is HOME for me.

Is it not possible to use TTOne with the planned route intact?

Why would you want to? If you're not at the start point, navigate there, and then the satnav will take you where you want to go.

Remember, the in-car sat navs are not designed to match systems such as autoroute. They are designed to take the vehicle they are in from current position, to your destination. If you want to plan ahead, you're better off with an atlas, or something like autoroute.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: