Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What is the Latest Speed Camera File?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the Latest Speed Camera File?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petergreenfield
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: What is the Latest Speed Camera File? Reply with quote

I have a Magellan RoadMate 800, it came preloaded with a speed camera data base named Speed-cam-2006-03-GB
The file I downloaded from pocketgpsworld is named pocketgps-uk-sc-jan
How do I know which is the latest file?

Regards
Peter
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest speed camera database is the one on the download page. Bearing in mind, the database is updated every month, minimum, some months twice a month, any database you have, pre loaded, is probably out of date. The pocket GPS database is named "pocketgps-uk-sc", or whatever, so the one you have pre loaded, "Speed-cam-2006-03-GB", may not be from this site. If you are a paid up member of this site, just download the latest database, and you will be up to date.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the Latest Speed Camera File? Reply with quote

Petergreenfield wrote:

The file I downloaded from pocketgpsworld is named pocketgps-uk-sc-jan
How do I know which is the latest file?

Regards
Peter

I didn't recognise that filename, and I just checked by doing a test download for the Magellan RoadMate....
The zip archive you get when you download for Magellan is called "pgpsw-speed-cams.zip".
That extracts to a folder called "pgpsw-speed-cams",
and in that are 5 files: "pocketgps_uk_sc.MGLN", "pocketgps_uk_sc.csv", "_Need_Help.htm", "Licence.txt", and "release.txt".

"release.txt" is a text file with the version number and date in it: the most recent is Version 4.124, dated 22 December 2006

So anything called "pocketgps-uk-sc-jan" is a )probably not downloaded directly from here, and b ) sounds at least 11 months out of date.
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately sounds like a name changer had hold of your unit.

I'd guess the 2006-03 = March '06
The jan must be at least Jan '06, as Andy says above.

Nothing wrong with name changing - I do it so I can see the camera POI names better in the list......

Also, as advised above by tanda - get the latest database, remove the other two, you are now current, up to date, sorted....
Petergreenfield
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for the response to my question. I think I know what I did wrong, I downloaded a Magellan file before joining the site - and got an old one! I have now joined and have downloaded and updated my Magellan with the latest file. Now to put it in the car and go 'somewhere' to test it.
Peter

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: