Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPV M5000/TomTom Help!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPV M5000/TomTom Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: SPV M5000/TomTom Help!! Reply with quote

OOPS no subject Sorry all

SPV M5000 Help!!

My Ipaq has packed up. I have been issued with a new M5000 which I need to setup using TomTom software version 5 and Bluetooth GPS reciever. I have been able to install the software using the Latest updates from TT. But as the phone/PDA is not supported by them they will not assist me with the Issue that I have. I have perchased the London map from them and that once downloaded TT can see it. But the CDs with my other maps on will not load I get a "this program has caused an error and must shut down" message. So I was told I could copy the maps to the PDA and it will find them. This has proved to be not the case for me. Also the PDA partners with the TT GPS unit but TT does not see it.
How do I get TT to see my Maps?
How do I get TT to see my GPS receiver?

Regards
Burnhard
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Fixed TT GPS receiver issue Reply with quote

Hello All

I have managed to fix the Hardware problem but still need assistance on the map issue. Exclamation Embarassed

I could copy small map to the same location as the London map as this is on the PDA memory, but there is not and never will be enough memory there to use the full British maps 210Mb!!

Please help Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
moles1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry cant help you but im having the same trouble except i cant even load the application on. When you install the cd and select either maps or the application it just crashes and gives an error report. How did you manage to install the application?.
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Installed TT5 Reply with quote

Hello there I went to TT and downloaded the latest update update and attempted to install it and it worked. I did copy one down yesterday that did not work. Maybe there is a new version out today???. I then installed a map of london that I purchased from TT and I can now see that. but still cannot see the GB Maps GRRRRRRRRRRR

So your guess is as good as mine at the moment

I found this link to a similar problem with the same phone diferent name though (K-Jam? )

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...806#post6166806

Also you need to turn the phone function on on your PDA, in flight mode it will not see the GPS receiver!!!! :P

Seeyalata
Burnhard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly to get the application to load download the latest version of TomTom Navigator from the TomTom site (version 5,21) this will install from the PC to the M5000 via Active Sync. Although I will also add you should check THIS as it is a common fault.
For the maps, I would firstly sugest you copy the map you require to the hard drive of the PC, then copy it to the SD card, preferably using a card reader as its so much faster - Mike
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: OOPS Reply with quote

Tried that link but it gave me an error try this link then you will have to look for that link on that page as you will be able to then click on the link and it will take you to the correct page!!!1 Embarassed Embarassed

http://www.modaco.com/TomTom_5_on_SPV_M5000_GPS_problem-t238188.html

Hope this all makes more sense to you than it does to me Laughing
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: MAps Reply with quote

Hello Mike

For the maps, I would firstly sugest you copy the map you require to the hard drive of the PC, then copy it to the SD card, preferably using a card reader as its so much faster - Mike

I have tried this but When I go into the change map settings in TT I get only the one map showing up. So TT is not seeing it and I was wondering if there is a particular location or Name for the Map directory. I have used one suggested to me which was Great_Britain-Map in the route of my SD card bu this has not worked at all?? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location of the Map folder should be in the root of the memory card i.e. the highest level in the tree when viewed, your folder name should be the same as that, the installer created on the PC - Mike
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike

I cannot do install them to my hard drive as you can see from a previous post.

"I have perchased the London map from them and that once downloaded TT can see it. But the CDs with my other maps on will not load I get a "this program has caused an error and must shut down" message. So I was told I could copy the maps to the PDA and it will find them."

That is why I was hoping someone could just look on their PDA and see where it has been put and what the directory name is :P

Also if there is some way of making TT point to that folder Question I am sure there someone out there who can explain that to me Laughing That would help

Seeyalata
Burnhard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the file size of the map you are trying to install? - it could be a Plus map rather than just the standard one? - Mike
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 210 Mb and it comes off one ot the CD's that came with the original Package
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case it is indeed a "plus" map the root folder is named
Great_Britain_Plus-Map I would be tempted to contact TomTom support with respect to the disk being damaged etc if its refusing to load correctly, perhaps they could help - Mike
Burnhard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike

Firstly thanks for the help. Wink What I have done to resolve the issue is to take the SD card and insert it into the old IPAQ and install it all on there then take the SD card and re-insert it in the M5000. This has worked fine so if there is anyone else out there who has issues regarding the M5000 they can check this link out for assistance.

What I have also done is copied the contents of my SD card to my hard drive so if any issues arrive I will have a copy on hand to copy back to my SD card Laughing

Thanks all who have helped regarding this issue and I will be watching this link so if anyone has any more issues thy just need to update the posts and I will get an email :P :P :P

Seeyalata
Burnhard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: