Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - June '06 Camera database- Question about the unzipped files.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

June '06 Camera database- Question about the unzipped files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camera-whatcamera
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: June '06 Camera database- Question about the unzipped files. Reply with quote

After downloading Version 4.064 dated 30 June 2006 I unzipped the files to a folder. I have a Tomtom One and from reading the helpfiles on the site I was under the impression that the files would be in pairs consisting of a .bmp file and a corresponding .ov2 file. There are 24 pairs of files, but then there is also 1 additional file named
pocketgps_uk_mobile_var.bmp
which has no corresponding .ov2 file. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, does anyone know if this is a file which should not be there, or if its corresponding file has been accidently omitted. Thanks for any help you can give. Question
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: June '06 Camera database- Question about the unzipped fi Reply with quote

camera-whatcamera wrote:
After downloading Version 4.064 dated 30 June 2006 1 additional file namedpocketgps_uk_mobile_var.bmp which has no corresponding .ov2 file. Question

Just checked the Garmin Speed Zoned of which there are 24 paired files, the mobile_var.bmp does not exist on this database.
I suspect that the inclusion on the TT database is an error unless someone can come forward with a better informed reason for this discrepancy.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there were plans to have a pocketgps_uk_mobile_var. database but as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a variable mobile so the database wasn't added but the prepared .bmp slipped through.
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's something else that just sliped through Laughing
I had it on tt just deleted it

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: