Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NavMan icn 330 How to download POI
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NavMan icn 330 How to download POI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftSusan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: NavMan icn 330 How to download POI Reply with quote

Hi, I have just bought a NavMan icn 330, I checked a few websites and it got a good write up, and was within my budget. It works fine but I am disappointed that the points of intrest are not very good (airport's and such like) I was looking for beaches and parks, I e-mailed NavMan for info and they e-mailed me back saying it is not possible on this device, can anyone give me any more info on this please, Thanks
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the list of sat nav units that support camera downloads you will see that it specifically states that the iCN3xx range does not. I believe that is because it does not allow the importation of custom POIs. You are, as they say, stuffed I think.

Could try returning it and swapping for one that does?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
SwiftSusan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply, I don't think I can return it guy at the shop said it was like Window's only return if faulty, but I will phone tomorrow and ask, if I can any suggestions of what to get instead ?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of alternatives. What you choose depends upon what you want it to do (as you have found out). Suggest you ask a question in the "best" forum setting out what you want to use it for and how and see what answers you get.

My view is that most of the well known ones will do most of what you want, so you will end up with a long list. At the end of the day choose one that is easiest for you to use. So go somewhere where you can try them out and see which one you get on with best.
Copilot for USA
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

susan see if the shop will exchange it for a icn 530 though it will cost you a little more and the retailer might be to take it back a though not at full price as its been out of the box

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftSusan wrote:
Thanks for reply, I don't think I can return it guy at the shop said it was like Window's only return if faulty, but I will phone tomorrow and ask,

One more thing on this - did you buy it in person or over the phone/internet? If the latter then you are entitled to a refund under the distance selling regulations for a set period after receipt - think it is 14 days.

Does not apply to shops though - can only return is faulty or if it does not do what you were told it would do. Did you tell them you wanted to put cameras or other POIs on it, or were told you could. If so then you are entitled to a refund.

All of that info only applies if you bought it in the UK - don't know where you are from.
Copilot for USA
SwiftSusan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy in the shop said I could download POI's from Internet, so I phoned the manager and swapped it for a Nav Man 520 only cost me £10 extra but much more POI on it and also the ability to download more, Thanks for all your help Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: