Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is this just a money making con?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this just a money making con?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlp69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

When you try to download the speed camera poi as a new person it says you have to register...
Fair enough, not a problem.
Then AFTER you register you then find out you have to pay to get the download.
No offence guys but you are no better than all the other scam artists on the net. I dont have a problem with paying, but have the balls to be honest and up front.

At the end of the day you are just doing your bit to encourage illegal BT downloads (which I will be looking for now.....)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chage has been well publisied and it does say on the page where it asks you to sign up that there is a charge i place this went live around feb / march it is only £2 per month or £19 per year and there is reward system in place.

compared to the competion it is cheep

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

carlp69 wrote:
When you try to download the speed camera poi as a new person it says you have to register...
No offence guys but you are no better than all the other scam artists on the net. I dont have a problem with paying, but have the balls to be honest and up front.

At the end of the day you are just doing your bit to encourage illegal BT downloads (which I will be looking for now.....)

What a load of rubbish. It is quite clear from the beginning that if you want the cameras you have to subscribe. Suggest you read carefully. In any event what have you lost - just a few seconds signing up - how can that be a scam??

Or are you just looking for an excuse to break the law by syealing the database anyway?
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:

What a load of rubbish. It is quite clear from the beginning that if you want the cameras you have to subscribe. Suggest you read carefully. In any event what have you lost - just a few seconds signing up - how can that be a scam??

Or are you just looking for an excuse to break the law by syealing the database anyway?
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

Quote:

Or are you just looking for an excuse to break the law by stealing the database anyway?

This individual will be back because he won't have a clue how to install whatever he gets from whatever source.
And I'll lay money on it that he re-registers under a different name because I for one would not waste my time with him nor should others Exclamation
sherman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you timber what a ******
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how it's a con. If you don't pay then you don't get the database and if you do pay then you do get the database!

Where's the con exactly?

(Every week one of these jokers pops in....)
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

carlp69 wrote:
BT downloads (which I will be looking for now.....)

Were not talking Photoshop CS here, its just a £2 set of files. A set of files that anyone can screwup with Excel. Are you realy going to trust your licence to a BT for the sake of £2? Give your head a shake.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont have a problem with paying

Quote:
illegal BT downloads (which I will be looking for now.....)

Rolling Eyes
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this just a money making con? Reply with quote

carlp69 wrote:

If you had looked where it said speed cameres you will notice its in a box and at the top it says Members Area (£2)

carlp69 wrote:

Did you think you was gonna get a free monthly cam update (I Think You Did)

carlp69 wrote:

Total Bo****ks Me Thinks how can they be doing There bit to encourage illegal BT downloads most are dearer than here tt is £39 quid and not as uptodate as this is
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, damn scammers. Much like Tescos who scam me all the time by taking my money and then delivering me some shopping...

Time to close this thread I thing!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although Tesco never did say they would "always be free".....
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch! Laughing
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topic has been discussed many times before.

the speed camera database has been charged for for about 4 months now so can hardly be classed as a new thing. if you want to risk downloading from torrents then go ahead, we can't stop you. but trust me when i say the data on them isn't very good ;)

so don't come complaining when the dodgy database you got gives you false warnings or has camera's in bushes etc...

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: