Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera download navman 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera download navman 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whisks3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: speed camera download navman 520 Reply with quote

I have just bought a navman 520 and am a COMPLETE novice, which speed camera download do you recommend and does it cover the whole of the country
priceton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, just joined up, i to would like some help regarding what speed camera dlds. i should use with my navman520, just like whisky 3 i am a complete novice. i tried to dld. the consolidated file but i have made a mess of it as it came in a zip file, i tried to open it with winrar but it said it was either incomplete or damaged . i am getting desparate now and need all the advice i can get. Rolling Eyes thankyou
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you....
There are three options:
All have the same cameras, all cover the whole country. The only difference is how they are arranged
1 ) all in one file
2 ) "Consolidated" - split up into the different camera types gatso/ mobile sites / red light etc.
3 ) "Speed-zoned" - split up into the types AND speed limits. This is the set you need if you want to be alerted with on-screen and/or audible speed warnings.

Once you understand the principles, you can take some from one set and some from another if you like (eg I don't bother with speed-zoned red-light cameras, but use the single redlight file from the consolidated set).

Priceton...
If you are using Windows XP (or 2000 I think) there are built-in tools to un-zip files. Just right click on it in Windows Explorer or My Computer and select "Extract all". The individual files should appear in the same directory by default.
priceton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D thankyou andy, just one more question, i partially dlded. the consilidated file onto mynavman. how can i delete itand reinstall the correct files?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know Navman at all, I'm afraid, but if it is like my TomTom, in order to manage files on it, you connect it up to your PC with a USB cable and the PC treats it as another hard drive.
If so, you should be able to open up a My Computer or Windows Explorer window of that drive and (hopefully) find the rogue file, which should be called "PocketGPSW something".

While you are at it, if you haven't done a complete backup, DO IT NOW! Just copy and paste EVERYTHING from the Navman into a new folder on your PC's harddrive and keep it safe.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the 5xx then you can connect your PC to the device and then start Navman Desktop. If you then click on Map, Points of Interest then you should be able to manage the POIs on the device.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, as the OP says it is a "partially downloaded" file it might not show up on the Navman Desktop?
r3g
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Navman user manual connect your Navman to your computer and start the SmartST software, then...
Quote:

Deleting a Custom POI File from your iCN

1. On the Map menu, click Points of Interest.
The POI Editor window will open.

2. On the File menu, click Manage POI Files.
The Manage POI Files window will open, displaying a list of custom POI files installed on
your iCN.

3. Click the File Name or Size of the POI file to delete.

4. Click Delete.
The file is removed from the list, but is not yet deleted.

5. To select another file to delete, go back to step 2; otherwise, proceed to step 6.

6. Click OK and accept the changes.
The selected file or files are deleted.

But as mentioned it may not display a partial download in the list.

If it doesn't show up in the list though, there's every chance that the device will simply ignore it anyway.
priceton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a load guys, your input has been brill. i think i may have cracked it, going for a test drive now and if it works i will be a :D little motorist 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: