Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What should I get?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What should I get?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberstven
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: What should I get? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I'm a little bit confused about which product to buy and where to buy it. I have been using a pocket pc with a Bluetooth receiver which worked great for me. Unfortunately, the screen on my pocket pc blacked out, but fortunately, I have a warranty so I get a gift card to replace the product. It appears pocket pcs are quickly leaving the market which has made me interested in the personal systems. Essentially, I wouldn’t like to spend more than $200 or $300 more than my gift card (which is for $500), so a total of $700 or $800. I use the GPS here and there to get to unfamiliar destinations, find alternative routes, and would like to use it for traffic updates. I have been looking at the garmin nuvi 360, the garmin c550 and the tom tom 910. Which of these products would you recommend? Is any one of these products much better than the other (better maps, display, etc.)?

Also, I have looked on eBay, and it appears the prices are drastically lower than at a retail store like circuit city. Why is this? Would it be worth selling the gift card I receive to a friend and use that money to purchase the product on ebay? I have also heard rumors about garmin sometimes giving huge rebates for their products. Is this true, and if so, how often do they do this? Anyway, let me know, thanks for all your help!
shauneco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't compare between the Garmin nuvi and TomTom 910 but I can confirm that the Tomtom 910 is a very good device and is packed full of feature's their are a few problems though, The mount isn't that great some people are having trouble with it falling off their windscreens when in the sun or not connecting to the device proparly, The maps aren't as upto date as the Garmin although this may be different for the USA. TomTom use Teleatlas maps, Garmin use Navteq maps. As for buying from Ebay or from a Store sure you can get them cheaper on Ebay but do you get any warrenty etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: