Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 31000 ft
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

31000 ft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: 31000 ft Reply with quote

Just interested...but can I use my BT device/PDA TT system on a plane ?If so, do I need anything special by way of maps ? While traveling 'overland', it might be interesting to see where we are, and speed and height etc. Thanks.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people here have used their GPS units on planes, it takes a while to get a fix but works well. You have to hold it right against the window.

Although GPS receivers don't transmit, the Bluetooth module IS a transmitter and so you are therefore not allowed to use it on a plane. All-in-one GPS units like TT Go and Garmins are OK with most airlines because they are only receivers not transmitters.

I'm sure people do leave bluetooth devices (or mobile phones) switched on during flight without causing any harm, though some folks think that using any sort of GPS unit a plane would somehow endanger the aircraft.

Good luck!
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 31000 ft Reply with quote

FrequentFlyer wrote:
Just interested...but can I use my BT device/PDA TT system on a plane ?If so, do I need anything special by way of maps ? While traveling 'overland', it might be interesting to see where we are, and speed and height etc. Thanks.
If you use the search function for TomTom & Flight, you'll find it returns 30+ hits, but this is probably the most useful.

There's also this great post, showing some aviation screen dumps. Laughing Laughing Laughing

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: