Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Voices on SmartST 2005 upgrade?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Voices on SmartST 2005 upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icarus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Voices on SmartST 2005 upgrade? Reply with quote

I have upgraded my 510 with the SmartST 2005 upgrade and have lost that cultured 1960's BBC voice. All I have is that ghastly American with his "traffic circles" and hard to understand drawl. Did I miss an option with the upgrade and a selection of "English UK" ? Or has that English voice gone for good? Crying or Very sad
Aldridge_Andy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put it the best way I can, the update overwrites the two UK Voice files held internally in the Navman with American Voices.

You can either install the necessary voices on to the SD Card, and others if you so desire, or Delete the two American Voices held in the Navman, and replace them with the UK Voice files.

In my own experience, the Navman I own did not come with any languages on the SD Card, but had the UK Female and Male voices on it's internal storage.

Visit the Navman site, and there's a FAQ on how to rebuild a ICN SD Card. Download that file and use the voices from that data. It would appear that Navmans SD Card "Rebuild" data has all european, and american voices installed. Something the original UK Cards were not supplied with!

If you need any more help, give me a shout!

Andy Wink

TomTom Go 720.
icarus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Andy, thank you very much :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: