Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 510, charging from the mains
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 510, charging from the mains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chippychap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 510, charging from the mains Reply with quote

Imagine trying to cram Robbie Coltrane into one of Jodie Kidd's trouser suits, probably would stretch but dis'ne look right.

The mains charger consists of what looks like a mains plug with the back taken off, it has a ledge with two female slots, obviously to accept an adaptor.

The adaptor is Robbie Coltrane, it's got the prongs to fit the slots but looks too bulky (absolutely much respect to Robbie, I am similarly shaped but useless as an example cos you don't know me) I can cram it in but the body don't sit flush or square. Help ! ! Smile

I last used it about five days ago, the day it bought me, it was fine and with your help I made my first advances with it.
Last night I tried to use it, the journey was about 7 miles, for the whole journey it was unable to find a signal.

I know that if I stand on the car with in my outstretched hand it will find where Sputnik is resting and get a fix, but is this for every journey?

I love the little beastie with all my cold heart, and with your help it may learn to like me a little :D

Have a lovely weekend all of ya's
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom 510, charging from the mains Reply with quote

Chippychap wrote:
.......The mains charger consists of what looks like a mains plug with the back taken off, it has a ledge with two female slots, obviously to accept an adaptor.

The adaptor is Robbie Coltrane, it's got the prongs to fit the slots but looks too bulky (absolutely much respect to Robbie, I am similarly shaped but useless as an example cos you don't know me) I can cram it in but the body don't sit flush or square. Help ! ! Smile

This might be stating the obvious (and apologies for that if you've done this) but I got a 910 the other day, and at first thought the UK 3pin adapter didn't fit the 2 female slot charger properly. That was when I noticed there's a sliding plastic cover on the charger that the 3pin 'lid' slots into. It all fits nice and snugly now. A bit too snugly really - can't get the out again Crying or Very sad
Chippychap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Trucker............... Embarassed

We don't get out much here in the north, just a bit of black pudding throwing and ferret strangling Smile

Stay happy mate.

Ken
HappyTrucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chippychap wrote:
Happy Trucker............... Embarassed

We don't get out much here in the north, just a bit of black pudding throwing and ferret strangling Smile

Stay happy mate.

Ken

No worries....and I really hope 'ferret strangling' isn't slang for anything Wink

As for your location issues - reminds me of trying to get a picture on a TV with one of those 'indoor' aerials gripped in one frozen paw as you dangle crazily out of your bedroom window and desperatley try pointing the damn thing in the vague direction of Winter Hill - I can't help you there. I've had no issues with the 910. First time I switched it on it seemed to take ages to get its first fix, but it's been fine ever since - even in Scotland, where you're lucky to get radio reception half the time (sorry Scotland).
DavidHobbs
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that the first time used it takes a bit to get a signal, and the more often the devices get used, the more apt they are to quickly locate a signal. I would assume this could be the case with your 510. And, it's great to hear you really like your 910.
Chippychap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st time I used my 510, after waiting about two hours in the house I wandered outside and it took about 5 minutes.
The second time I did a ten mile journey with it stuck to my windscreen with no signal.
Third time took the 5 mins in the garden but had lost it once I turned it back on in the car, so I had to get out and waft, that return trip was when it died completely (on off switch) so it lasted 6 days, hey ho.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: