Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ja670
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Garmin i2 Reply with quote

I have a Garmin i2 and have just downloaded the camera database, and all seems to be OK. when I'm not using nav, each camera i pass is picked up correctly, and bleeps, flashes etc the warnings on screen. When using the nav, the cameras arent picked up at all, no warnings, no bleeping nothing, and again if i switch off nav, the same cameras are picked up, pictures and all !

Any ideas ????????

I have only had the unit a couple of days, so hope its not user error ! Sad

One other thing, how do i help pickup new cameras? if i spot a new one, how do I find the longitude etc when im near it ?????

I want to do my bit after all !!! :D
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Garmin i2 Reply with quote

ja670 wrote:

One other thing, how do i help pickup new cameras? if i spot a new one, how do I find the longitude etc when im near it ?

if you hold down the scroll wheel it will save where you are as a favourite. then using free software from www.easygps.com you can extract the latitude and longitude from the unit. or, if you know where it is then simply find it on the map on the speed camera page of this site.

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when I'm not using nav, each camera i pass is picked up correctly, and bleeps, flashes etc the warnings on screen. When using the nav, the cameras aren't picked up at all, no warnings, no bleeping nothing, and again if i switch off nav, the same cameras are picked up, pictures and all !

It should work the same on both modes. However note that the alerts only occur if travelling over the speed limit - perhaps you drive slower when using the navigation mode?
ja670
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I'll certainly try the holding of the wheel to mark as a fav, will let you know how I get on.

I'll check the other suggestion, admittedly I was within the speed limit when I passed them with nav on. But should I still not see the camera icons on the screen either way ?

Cheers !
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ja670 wrote:
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. I'll certainly try the holding of the wheel to mark as a fav, will let you know how I get on.

I'll check the other suggestion, admittedly I was within the speed limit when I passed them with nav on. But should I still not see the camera icons on the screen either way ?

Cheers !

no, unless you use cbroms or ash10's editing software then the icons only show up if you are over the limit (speed that is, not drinking!)
ja670
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm, you were all correct, the camera alerts do work even when using nav !

Thanks all for helping me out. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: