Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom ONE Brodit mounts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom ONE Brodit mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: TomTom ONE Brodit mounts Reply with quote

I've been using my TomTom ONE since January and am generally very pleased. The outstanding issue I have is with mounting it more permanently.

I see Brodit now do two mounts for the TT1 - both passive and active. Has anyone used either of these? I await a full PGPSW review with anticipation, but in the meantime I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who's tried them out.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rmines,

rmines wrote:
I see Brodit now do two mounts for the TT1 - both passive and active. Has anyone used either of these? I await a full PGPSW review with anticipation, but in the meantime I'd be interested in feedback from anyone who's tried them out.

Brodit was good enough to send me both TT1 mounts a short while ago for review, as I was getting a TT1. Unfortunately I’m no longer going to get a TT1 so I’ll offer them to one of the admin staff or one of the other mods. However I know that there aren’t many TT1s owned by either the admin or mods.

If this is the case, then I might set up a little competition to win one of the Brodit TT1 mounts with the provisional conditions that the winner is already a TT1 owner/user, has their own car that they can fit a Brodit Pro Clip to (not included in the competition), and most importantly will write a member’s review of the mount and include digital pictures of the installation and of the TT1 in use whilst in the mount.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rmines
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Count me in :-)
davidbeaty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me......

On the subject of TTOne mounts what are people's preferences to mount the screen sucker on the left or right of the steering wheel.
pocket GPS camera POI + real voice warnings
NukeThemAll
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds an interesting competition....I'm, er, 'up for it' as The Kids would say.

My TT1 mounting preference is for the centre of the screen, set low enough so that hardly any of the mount - and certainly not the TT1 - obscures my forward view. In this position, Mrs Nuke can see the display and if necessary use the TT1 to eg re-route.

In many cars the thick front pillars (thick for good performance in the NCAP crash test) already do an excellent job of limiting forward vision, so I'm not inclined to add to the problem in my car with the TT1. In other cars, it may not be nearly as bad.

I haven't yet thought about air-vent mounting; at the moment I can easily scan the TT1 screen with minimal movement of eyes away from the road and I simply don't know if I'd be less safe having to glance further down. I'd very much like to hear others' views on this.

My main issue (previous post) is having either a super-discreet and/or easily-removable mount to avoid being targeted by the thieving scrotes! What kind of trouble are we in when I hear stories of people keeping a small bottle of windscreen cleaner in the car to 'de-ring' the screen when they take off the sucker mount?
davidbeaty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One tip I've found out - the hard way. Don't attach the screen sucker too close to the dashboard. When you come to detatch it, you have to release the mount and then lever it down slightly - which you can't doif it's nearly touching the dash.

The alternative I guess (not tried it as yet) is to turn the mount 180 degrees so you pull it up to release. You'll need to take the end mount and turn that back to attach the TT1 the right way up though.
pocket GPS camera POI + real voice warnings
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my original-type Go mount I took it apart and found I could easily turn the sucker round, so I could use it with the lever at the bottom (for neatness) but the little pull tab on the sucker at the top.
bryson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As a Brodit dealer I have sold and installed a good few Tomtom One holders, both passive (non charging) and the active (hardwired for fixed power supply)

Im bound to say that they are good, but thats not an objective or unbiased opinion and that I understand, but out of the ones I have had feedback from customers post a few weeks, they are all really delighted with the proclip/tomtom one holder from Brodit, and do not miss the supplied mount from tomtom for one minute.

I have a few images taken from install if you would like me to send you any drop me a PM, it may help you decide.

hope that helps you thanks again
Bryson

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: