Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NoChex is CRAP!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NoChex is CRAP!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonsez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: NoChex is CRAP!!!! Reply with quote

I have a trip to do this coming friday, I've tried for over a week now to download the latest database! However you seem unwilling to accept payment for the database!?
I've used Nochex and it has now blocked 2 cards of mine apparently!!!!
a credit and a debit card. Thanks a lot!!!
I entered the information correctly everytime no hyphens or spaces etc, the full address and still nothing!!! it just simply blocked the second card.

I've tried to set up a paypal account last week also, however they seem to be slower at setting up a customer account than microsoft is at bringing out security updates!

I'm all for paying for this brilliant database, which until now I've enjoyed for free, however having read all the problems you've had, I think you needed to have ironed out these problems before testing it on us the masses who will only get annoyed and walk away to another product available on the internet.

It is absolutely ridiculous that you think you have a succesful business model based on the fact you have no sure fire way of recieveing payment for your service you're trying in vain to provide.

JOKE is the only (non rude) word I can think of that describes this whole saga.

Get it sorted, preferably before thursday night, and I will write a post praising instead of chastising your customer service!

Regards

Simonsez
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: NoChex is CRAP!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Big ones by the sounds of it!

I'm happy to report (though no consolation to you of course) that we have had thousands of subscribers use Nochex without issue and I'm glad to say that your experience is not the norm. Nochex is a leading and standard internet payment system that is used by millions daily.

Usually problems of this nature have something to do with the user's computer or the software they are running on it.

Have you checked our Membership Help/Sign-Up Problems link?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34829

You don't have to become a member of PayPal by the way - you can just pay.

If you are also unable to pay by PayPal, please let me know which operating system, browser, firewall and anti-virus software you are using.

Don't worry, we'll get you there! Smile
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on payment side maybe one of the admin team could clarify but if it blocks the cards then it will be because there is problem with the credit cards I would think

on saturday I set up a friends go500 for him and used nochex with his credit card and got access straight away (this was on his pc under his log in name and on dial up)
sorry if its already been replied to I start typing this at 1900 but work went crazy

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Simonsez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK I'm eating my words!!! Embarassed

I have contacted relevant card companies etc, no record is shown. Upon further investigation itr would seem Nochex just blocked the card from being used on their system due to a number of apparently wrong attempts.
I'm no Einstein, but a University Degree I would think should be enough to see me through writing my name and address and details correctly on a keyboard?

As for systems I used Firefox 1.5.0.2 and IE 6 and a beta 7, I have a fully upto date windows XP and a fully upto date McAffee virus/firewall amongst other security. Seemingly no permutations allowed me to purchase.

I have followed your note and found I did not need a paypal account, I used a card to pay straight away and now have the fully functional updated database. I also have a Paypal account awaiting verification apparently still!?
My mistake!

Many many thanks for your swift response to my post.

As I said I'm eating my words!

Thanks also to Alix776 for your input!

Thanks again

SimonSez

Just a note as a Firefox browser fan, it would be nice to see more of your site useable using Firefox. The database as far as I can tell can only be downloaded using IE. Other than that, Great!
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Simonsez Smile

You may be interested in the links from the Membership Help/Sign-Up Problems FAQs:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34829

Q. I use FireFox, why am I having problems?

A. Please see the following threads:

New download system - Comments and suggestions

Subscribing to PocketGPSWorld.com

Possible download problem
Rodonn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a pretty nifty add on for FF called IE Tab, that allows you to access the IE browser engine without having to use IE (and its concomitant security holes) in toto.

Sorry if this is in the 'wrong' place.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: