Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Sounds etc
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Sounds etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuartStrangeboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: POI Sounds etc Reply with quote

Hi,

As I had lots of help on here before i thought i would ask again. I have had many requests to record new sounds for POI alerts to replace to Beep etc. These have all now been recorded, my question is as users would it be better to supply as separate files or make a new chk file? Also can you change the names ie Beep 4 to My new sound for instance. Also the same with the Gatsos I will be recording them today all being well again best as separate files Gatso70 etc? As a thank you if you are responding to my post and would like a free Tom Tom voice please send me your email through the website. This voice is recorded in my usual voiceover voice and not an impression for a change.
As always thank you in advance.

Stuart
Celebrity Voices
www.celebrityvoices.co.uk
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change the voice name tags so TomTom will display a meaningful description I use a utility called POIExtend, this does however re-name some of the main navigator voices but everything still works. To do this needs access to the uses TomTom.exe file loaded onto there device so its not something you could do, other than on the device you own.

As to the types of file you make avail, I would suggest as individual .OGG files, otherwise you will end up producing upto 35 different data.chk files per voice (thats how many there are on this site, to support the different platforms). You might also consider the frequency of the sound as there are two different values, 22050Hz for Pocket PC and 16000 for Smart Phone devices. - Mike
StuartStrangeboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: POI Sounds etc Reply with quote

Mike,

Many thanks for your input. I will put the first files up anyway, these are a mix I did think all the same voice at first but i will try this way first. Its basically 15 different sounds of celebs etc, should be up in the week when i get some World Cup stuff finished off. Thanks for your help about the bit rate as well this is automatically down now in my studio, this was one of the reasons i am selling the Ozzy in mobile format as well now to offer the two. The gatso ones i do will be of the same voice to co-inside with the ttvoice just getting time to fit it all in. All in all I think you are right so I will stick to recording for now.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: