Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman icn 520 sounds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman icn 520 sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: navman icn 520 sounds Reply with quote

Hello i have a icn 520 and would like to change the warning sounds ie: over set speed limit, poi warning, and gone off route sound but i cant seem locate the sound files already used by my naveman. Can someone please let me know the name of the files already in use so i can rename my sounds and replace them.
Regards,
Andy. Confused
andyrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Have found the files. Laughing
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been many threads about changing the sound files on the ICN5xx. Most people find that once the new sound file has operated for the first time, then all sounds cease, including the direction instructions.

The 520 seems to be more susceptible than the 510, where sporadic success has been reported.

Its worth a search through these forums as selecting a specific format for the sound file appears to be important.

Please report back if you have any success.
andyrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nortonbeak
Thanks for your reply. The storey so far is a little long but I will post it as it may help someone with a bit more knowledge than me (shouldn’t be too hard).
After getting my ICN520 I connected via active sync straightaway as I already have a pin 570 and I assumed that Smart ST would be the same (not so as I have found out it is platform dependant). After connecting I could access the ICN via Explore and could see the 3 sound files normally found in my 570 which plays the specific sounds for SMART ST warnings, I could also back up the ICN to any location I choose. While getting my ICN set up for action i.e.: cam data base, my warning sounds, I decided to add my full post code program I had bought, while loading the full post codes my ICN and PC froze (out of memory warning) so I disconnected and reset my ICN which would now not load the maps, after trying everything I could think of I had to uninstall Smart ST from my ICN and PC and do a full clean install using the disc I got with the ICN, after which on first sync SMART ST said there was an update available which I took, now my ICN behaves as everyone else’s does which means I cannot find the sound files and I can only backup to the file chosen by SMART ST (I have tried uninstalling ICN SMART ST and reinstalling the 570 version but to no avail). So in a nutshell I seemed to have had full control over my ICN 520 while using it without the update and SMART ST for 570 PPC version. Sorry for the length of the reply but it may help someone cleverer than me. I have read the posts regarding the changing of the ini files but not being that clever i though changing the sound file that the program used was safer than changing the ini file to the direction of a new sound file.
Regards,
Andy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: