Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux GPSlim 236 & O2 XDA Exec cant connect
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux GPSlim 236 & O2 XDA Exec cant connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonhilton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Holux GPSlim 236 & O2 XDA Exec cant connect Reply with quote

hi, guys i got major problem i got o2 xda exec and holux gpslim236 bluetooth. buy i cant get them connected.
the phone finds the receiver but wont connect.
any help would really be great.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the Exec has found the GPS unit you need to go to the COM ports tab at the bottom of the Bluetooth settings screen, select New Outgoing Port, select the HOLUX GPSlim236 and press Next, on the final page select the Com port you want to use from the drop down box (Com0) after this the device should be fine, what software are you trying to use the Exec with? - Mike
jasonhilton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: software.. still not working Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Once the Exec has found the GPS unit you need to go to the COM ports tab at the bottom of the Bluetooth settings screen, select New Outgoing Port, select the HOLUX GPSlim236 and press Next, on the final page select the Com port you want to use from the drop down box (Com0) after this the device should be fine, what software are you trying to use the Exec with? - Mike

i have done the above but the bluetooth light on the reciever keeps flashing every second. it is meant to flash once every 3 seconds when connected isnt it?

i have tried Destinator PN. Tomtom navigator 5. AA navigator!
the only available com ports are 0, 4 and 8. do i also need to set up an incoming connection?
thanks Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, I had wrongly assumed you had the connection correctly established with the device, lets start from scratch.
Delete any reference to the GPSlim236 that exists in the Bluetooth settings devices tab, tap and hold the listing for the GPS unit and select Delete from the pop-up. Then
Switch on the GPS unit, and on the Exec in Bluetooth Setings select "New Partnership", this should find the GPS, select the HOLUX GPSlim236 then press Next.
Enter the passkey of 0000 (four numeric zeros), press Next
Select Serial Port in the check box then select the Finish option.
Then in Com Ports Tab, select New outgoing Port
Select HOLUX GPSlim236 and press Next
Select the com port you wish to use (Com0) and press Finish
OK To exit Bluetooth Settings
Hope this is more useful - Mike
jasonhilton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, i have managed to get that far. outgoing port (com0).
(but the bluetooth light on the gps reciever is still flashing every 1 second)
i now load AA navigator and go into- setup- GPS- setup-then tap comport to choose the port the reciever is on, the choices i have are - com 1,2,3,6,7,9.
0,4,5,8. are not displayed.
Previously - when setting up bluetooth connection the only available ports to use for the outgoing port 0,4,5,8.
and sugesstions?

(to me it seems like the GPS reciever isnt connecting properly as the bluetooth led is blinking onces every second) is this right?

thanks again for all the help.
jasonhilton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Success! EVERYONE CELEBRATE!! Reply with quote

ok, for all you out there with the same problem. heres the solution.

on the cd supplied with the bluetooth reciever you get GPS Viewer v1.0.
go to holux.com and download GPS Viewer v1.5.
NOTE: before installing make sure you remove verson 1.0. and Activesync IS running and connected.
when you install version 1.5 it will also install it to the PDA.
from this point i updated tomtom navigator to version 5.21 and all was working fine.

thanks alot for the help.
:D :D :D :D :D
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my XDA Exec working with a GPSlim236.

We have two cars (two drivers, two XDA execs) so I've bought a second GPSlim236 for the second car.

The problem is that it seems I can't assign Port0 to both GPS's even though only one is in range at a time.

Any thoughts on how to handle this?

thanks,
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be wrong but I don't think you will be able to do this, the BT manager will create a shortcut containing the units name (which will be the same for both devices, time for the confusion to start),

One thing I did try was two different GPS units at the same time with the Exec, data going to separate programs and this does work, also single GPS to multiple programs will work when set-up and configured.

The opertunity to try two identical GPS units has never arisen - I suspect the answer will be to associate a specific GPS unit to a specific Exec.

I will be able to get hold of a second 236 next week so I will give it a try, in the meantime if there are no other sugestions stick to using a pair of devices and avoid the mix and match - Mike
Erintech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

To avoid some of the confusion I have been able to rename the devices to something useful in bt manager.

I gather there is an app which does a gps port split so two apps can share the port the gps is using. What I want is the opposite...

I will look to see if the is any port remapping software, so I could set one of the gps's to (say) port4 and re-map to port0.

I suspect your idea of 1:1 gps:exec will be the only solution.

richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates 236 arived today, so I have had a play around with the two devices.
You can connect to both devices and assign one to comm 0 the other one to com 4.
This isn't an automatic switch between the two GPS units within TomTom you will need to go to the GPS applet within pefferences and select either com0 or com4 dependent upon which device you have with you at the time, this only takes a matter of seconds once you get used to it - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: