Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPEED CAMERA VOICES / SPEED
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPEED CAMERA VOICES / SPEED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alarmed
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: SPEED CAMERA VOICES / SPEED Reply with quote

HI I WONDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITHH THIS ONE I HAVE DOWNLOADED VOICES TO REPLACE BELL WHISTLES ETC ALL OK BUT WHEN I APPROACH ANY CAMERA REGARDLESS OF SPEED IE CAMERA IS SET AT FIFTY TTG ANNOUNCES SPEED IS 30 AM I MISSING SOMETHING VERY OBVIOUS OR DO I NEED TO SET UP MANY MORE POI.SPLEASE HELP :( :?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, you need to configure each camera as an individual item within POI Manager/ Warn When near POI, if you have the full speed zoned set-up it will require 23 POI camera warnings to be set.

Use the test button to select the voice warning you need for each camera type/ speed.

You only need to do this once, subsequent camera database downloads will just update the the camera locations and not require setting up.

Finally please don't use CAPS as it is known as shouting - Mike
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Welcome to the forum, you need to configure each camera as an individual item within POI Manager/ Warn When near POI, if you have the full speed zoned set-up it will require 23 POI camera warnings to be set.

Use the test button to select the voice warning you need for each camera type/ speed.

You only need to do this once, subsequent camera database downloads will just update the the camera locations and not require setting up.

Finally please don't use CAPS as it is known as shouting - Mike

To use 23 different voice prompts you will need to modify a Tomtom system file otherwise only 15 will be selectable with the default names (cow etc..).
This is explained here http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/poiw.html - Thanks Ray.
The Liz Whitaker warnings work well that are available on Ray Flanagans site.
Further to this you may need to create certain prompts in a wave editor to fill the gaps, for example Liz Whitaker does not have "twenty" or "variable" in her vocabulary. But these can be created.
None of this is for the novice, but nor is it rocket science. Just be sure to backup the Tomtom system before you start.

If you do not want to go down this path there is an easier but reduced featured option.
You could download and install one of the voice sets (data.chk) and stick with 15 voice warning prompts under the default names. No modification of system files required http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html .

This is the key to what is available.

BELL 1 MOBILE 30
BELL 2 MOBILE 40
BELL 3 MOBILE 50
BEEP 1 GATSO 30
BEEP 2 GATSO 40
BEEP 3 GATSO 50
BEEP 4 GATSO 60
BEEP 5 GATSO 70
BOING MOBILE 60
BUGLE MOBILE 70
COW GATSO
CUCKOO MOBILE
POLITE 1 AVERAGE
POLITE 2 RED LIGHT
POLITE 3 TEMP
Pep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thanks for that, a friend sent me a few over but none worked, and then I looked here, and saw a diff one for each version, so no probs. I was wondering, there isnt one available where one is left without a warning for the other pio's i'd like a warning for.

Im using
Mioa201
Windows Mobile 5
Tomtom navigator 5.21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: