Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A201 DUN bluetooth gprs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A201 DUN bluetooth gprs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al_p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: A201 DUN bluetooth gprs Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get the A201 to dial a gprs connection on a bluetooth mobile phone? I know it works because I have managed to get a successful connection twice, but mostly it just fails with "Unknown Error"

dialing *99# on a P800 on Orange pay as you go, with "orangeinternet" set as the apn.

My laptop wil dial the P800 just fine, but the A201 struggles.

Any help appreciated.

Al
Al_p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem - I had bluetooth switched off... (in "Flight mode") Switched it on again and dialout works ok.

There is no indicator when Bluetooth is operating - no blue flashing light or other clue.

Hope this helps someone,

Al
twilliams08
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please tell me how you set the connection up. I have tried everything and all I get is the error message "Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings. If the problem persists, reset your mobile device according to the manufactureres documentation and try again" I have bluetooth turned on. The A201 will connect to my PC and mobile phone to browse files etc so I know the bluetooth function works just not with dial up networking. Any help would be greatly appeciated otherwise I`m sending it back!
Regards
Tony
xakou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilliams08 wrote:
Could you please tell me how you set the connection up. I have tried everything and all I get is the error message "Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings. If the problem persists, reset your mobile device according to the manufactureres documentation and try again" I have bluetooth turned on. The A201 will connect to my PC and mobile phone to browse files etc so I know the bluetooth function works just not with dial up networking. Any help would be greatly appeciated otherwise I`m sending it back!
Regards
Tony

did you found any solutions ?
Crimson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: It's the same Bluetooth problem Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I too have run against the same problem. After a hard reset- the dun connection worked (gprs over nokia 6310i) but then after my second soft reset I get the unknown error...

And that's it. It sucks. I wrote mio about it as you also should, I called them too.
Let's hope this patch will get here ASAP!!!!

For now I don't recommend to anyone who needs the bluetooth connectivity to buy this ppc.

Crimson
mattjahans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crimson

I get the same problem as you. After a hard reset I set up the DUN connection to bluetooth link with my Nokia 6230i - it works perfectly for a couple of hours, downloading email, TOM TOM traffic and web pages.

Then for no reason known to me I get the "cannot connect for unknown reason"

The only way to get it working again is to hard reset - but then the cycle repeats itself Evil or Very Mad

I really hope that they find a patch as this is such a good PDA otherwise.

Cheers

Matt
Crimson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Check out mioa201.com Reply with quote

There's more info about this problem now.
mattjahans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crimson

What additional info is now available ? I'm very interested.

Best regards

Matt
kyotee23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if anyone on this thread can help me? Just taken delivery of a Mio A201 with TT Mobile 5 already loaded. I'm trying out the Bluetooth capabilities and trying to use Dialing up to Internet via my Sony Ericsson K700i. The A201 spots the K700i which then asks for a passcode. I understand that 0000 is the default for Sony Ericssons so I enter that on the phone. Bluesoleil on the 201 then also asks for a passcode but there is no OK button on the screen to enter the passcode, only a Cancel button!
Can anyone advise what's going on here or what I should do?

Many thanks,

Peter
mattjahans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter

I thought that too. Press the 'ok' button on the top right of the screen.

Hope this helps

Matt
colonel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't spend too much time on this. the bluetooth dial-up support on the mio a201 is broken. According to a MIO support person, a new ROM will be available within 2 weeks with a fix (lets hope so!).

FYI:

1. Bluetooth activesync - Broken
2. Bluetooth DUN - Broken
3. Bluetooth hands free for mobile phone - Working well

rgds
kyotee23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mattt & Colonel. I'd just got the handsfree working but will hold fire now until things get fixed. I'll keep checking this forum for new.

Thx again,

Peter
xakou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattjahans wrote:
Hi Crimson

I get the same problem as you. After a hard reset I set up the DUN connection to bluetooth link with my Nokia 6230i - it works perfectly for a couple of hours, downloading email, TOM TOM traffic and web pages.

Then for no reason known to me I get the "cannot connect for unknown reason"

The only way to get it working again is to hard reset - but then the cycle repeats itself Evil or Very Mad

I really hope that they find a patch as this is such a good PDA otherwise.

Cheers

Matt

I get the same problem as you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I join on at the back of the line please. Similar problem re DUN connection. Assumed it was all to do with the phone connections, but reading this I now think probably not! Phone starts to connect to internet, but then hangs up. Have linked to HF so no problems there. More problems unlinking to HF! I can't get rid of the blimmin thing.
madtam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetooth connectivity certainly seems to be a weakness of the A201 and as one of the features that is added from the 168 this is a shame. I also hope they get their finger out and sort a solution as I have problems with bluetooth.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: