Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Low Bridge POI's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Low Bridge POI's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirrorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Low Bridge POI's Reply with quote

Could somebody please help? I drive trucks and am very disappointed with my tom tom go 300 when it comes to low bridges, and width restrictions. From buzzzing around some sites (lowbridges.com) for example I see you can upgrade for £9.95. However from somewhere else that I read, I understand (and hence why I've joined) That Robin has a similar if not better download for free.
Please could I be sent this or pointed in the right direction as to where to get it Driving a truck round London is stressful enough and this will surely release some of that pressure. Thanking you in advance Laughing[size=18]
[/size]
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Standard default font size works just fine Exclamation

You can find Robin's web site HERE

You only need to download and install one of the low bridge poi's

If your lorry is say 12' high, then the 12'6" poi will cover ALL bridges below that height.

I also have a FREE low bridge poi set of files, but they have not been updated for several months, just click the link at the bottom of this post and then look on the POI Files page.

Also have a look in the HGV / Motorhome Lounge forum for more information.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on what size of truck your driving if its only a 7.5tonner then yes fine use satnav anything bigger i d personally still use a map as for wieght width limits sorry I don't think theres a poi available the sameapplies to weight limits just remember you can only be warned there is a bridge on route it will not avoid it by its self

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mirrorman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys eventually got onto Robin's site and got the low bridge POI's for 13'0 and under (by the way I drive a 12'9 17ton rigid and use both sat nav and maps... to be sure ..to be sure).
However not being very computer literate am having diffficulty getting them across to my Tom tom. Obviously I connect the two via lead provided and gathered that once tom tom was recognised just a case of dragging the files across? Comp doesn't seem to recognise tom tom once plugged in though and yes I have put the disc in that came with it and tried Confused Any ideas I'm sure I'm gonna feel proper stupid once told probably a real obvious thing Embarassed
Cheers
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have an sd card reader then use this to copy the poi to the map the same as you would with the speed cameras

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: