Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live Pocket PC4 NEW!! Bought on Ebay...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live Pocket PC4 NEW!! Bought on Ebay...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: CoPilot Live Pocket PC4 NEW!! Bought on Ebay... Reply with quote

Bought this today on Ebay - CoPilot Live Pocket PC4 NEW!!

Bought this on Ebay and I'm hopeful it will work with my T-Mobile MDA Compact? Please tell me I got a bargain or if there's anything missing.

Just wanted to get the thing working with GPS so forgive me if I've made a mistake Embarassed

My names's Brian, and I'm hoping to glean some information here.

Kind regards.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it allows you to obtain the upgrade to version 6 (yes it IS that out of date) at the much reduced price you probably have a bargain.

In fact it is so old that it is no longer fully suported by ALK:
See here.

Edited by Tim to remove lonk URL which messed up (my) pageview.
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: I found this on their support page.. Reply with quote

http://www.alk.com/support/copilotlive_pocketpc4/updates_patches.asp

It's an update for version 4.0 which allows you to download a patch to take it up to 4.05.

Will it still be able to take me places, or will I run off a road somewhere? :D

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Brian

ps just noticed - it is for the US :x
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I found this on their support page.. Reply with quote

BM1963 wrote:
ps just noticed - it is for the US :x

The picture on the web page clearly shows a UK version with a British flag on it. My advice is to take a screenshot of the webpage and send the software straight back, the goods are not as described. The seller will probably say that you have opened the software so you can't return it, but don't accept this. You had to open the software to find that you were sent the wrong version.

Quite aside from that the software is several years old and therefore the maps are way out of date.

The best thing to do is to get a refund if you can. Then have a read of the forums here to see what the latest software is, ask questions and hopefully the folks here can help you make a better decision about what to buy.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but that's how it is. Crying or Very sad

Welcome to the forum anyway! Smile
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Thaks for the info... Reply with quote

Skippy

is there no way of upgrading the maps?

Kind regards

Brian
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: I forgot to say Reply with quote

I have provisionally bought the CoPilot Live on Ebay, so it looks like I'm going to get a negative on this one! Crying or Very sad

BM
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Couldn't I use the Bluetooth Receiver with other GPS.... Reply with quote

Software?

If the receiver is okay, can I not use it with other up to date software?

I know that a Bluetooth receiver will cost me in the region of £70 any way.

I'm hoping to offset the hassle of ruining my feedback Rolling Eyes

Kind regards

Brian
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I forgot to say Reply with quote

BM1963 wrote:
I have provisionally bought the CoPilot Live on Ebay, so it looks like I'm going to get a negative on this one! Crying or Very sad

The best thing to do is contact the seller immediately and try and negotiate an amicable solution. Tell him/her that you now realise that the software is three years old and well out of date and you don't want it.

If they threaten to leave you with a negative then threaten to leave them a negative saying that the seller was selling worthless, junk software, buyer beware.

Definately try for an amicable solution first.
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: All things come to those who wait.. Reply with quote

Oh well not the CoPilot Live PC6 but PC5 for £55.00 with P&P for my MDA Compact II.

Is this better than the PC4 - I hope so.

I did go back to the seller on Ebay, and she wasn't happy but I obviously didn't pay for it so I got a negative there. I was nearly taken for £50, but when I checked on Ebay, she only managed to sell it for £15 I think. Oh Well Rolling Eyes

PC5 is compatible I'm sure which is a good thing, and only for £55. Is that a bargain?

Kind regards

Brian
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you got from ebay then be wary if the product was used as an upgrade to cp6 then you wont be able to activate it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
BM1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Sold as unused... Reply with quote

Seller had zero feedback and originally wanted bank transfer, so all of the other CoPilot software was selling but this one!

I contacted seller before the auction finished to say I was concerned about the method of payment, and she rang me after it had finished because no one bid. Being a newbie she thought bank transfer would be the best option.

Supposedly sending it by Special Delivery so when it arrives, I'll let y'all know how I get on with it.

Kind regards

Brian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: