Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rider revue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rider revue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Courierman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Rider revue Reply with quote

Tom Tom Rider

Here is my first revue of the Tom Tom Rider as a 16 years vet courier I do a lots of miles about 50k a year and I have had a PDA for the last 4 with Navigator v2,v3,v5 on my 3850 witch has served me well with a plastic bag over it in the rain

Mounting the rider was easy lass than 5 mins to have it up and running on the handlebar’s , it has a very good start’s guide (did’nt read it until I got home ) the mounting kit is very good too, but the battery cable has a lot wrong with it 1/its to stiff and does not fit in the connector so with the rider on the handlebar’s when you turn it flexes the two wires and given time they will break 2/ the big gap from the connector and the cable lets water in and runs down in side the cable to your battery so look out 3/ my battery is 9 inch wide and you only get 2 inch of wire at the end of the cable 4/ the connector will not click into place , the black mount stop it from going all the way in

The holder is good and strong but I can see trouble with the 4 connectors with salt water getting at them, make sure you blow and wipe the water off them before you use your rider oh well back to a plastic bag over it when your not using it !!

The gps receiver is very good sitting in side my house I got 7 satellites

Rider its self you cant see the screen that good in sun my 3850 is better Laughing Out Loud thank god for the BT !! and I just cant turn the damn thing on and off I’v had the button pressed for like 20 sec’s and it still wont come on thank god for the power cable auto turning it on !! (that mite be because its still new )

The software is ok with the same old map error’s and I’d still like to see the postcode on the first page and not home because I use it from 10 to 20 times a day from a 50 miles 1 drop to 6 drop 400 mile ride and the damn thing will make you ride 30 miles more to save you 30 sec’s on a ride Laughing Out Loud don’t tom tom know that bike’s overtake all the traffic so shortest route is best, BUT if you let TT do it !! it will take you down some very deadly roads and narrow roads with lots of gravel on them !! to have you off !! so look out for that one my TT v2 the best because I set up the speed to 60 all roads and the narrow one’s are set 10 that way I did not get on them until the last mile, I would like to see set the road speed back !!!!!!!!

All in all it is well made and if you DON’T have a pda one already then get one
My pda with a plastic bag is just as good 8O if not better in some ways eg a bigger screen and the nev buttons for zoom in and out so I give 7 out of 10 its good but not 599 or 499 now good maybe 399 and I’d be happy with it

Flame suite on stand by mode
Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: