Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom one official carry case price lowered
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom one official carry case price lowered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: TomTom one official carry case price lowered Reply with quote

PC world appear to be offering the original case at a massive £30 off, down from a stonking skyscraper price of just £50, to a tiny ittsy bitsy price of only £19.99 that's right, 1p short of £20 little quid.
I had one in my hand at Currys, they appeared in short supply at such a hot price, in fact I could only find the one(pardon the pun). I went racing to the checkout with my dosh and then thought to have a look at it. Yes it's official, yes its possibly waterproof, but £19.99 you've got to be joking, it even as the Tomtom logo glaring at you from the side ,a great advert for a pickpocket.
I have been looking for the perfect case for a while, I've checked out the Tesco small camera case but it does activate the on button and you have to prize out your Tomtom potentially causing damage.
I have managed to find the perfect case, at only 99p, it appears waterproof, hard and shell like in strength and disguises the expensive tomtom perfectly. It also fits snuggly with room to spare and if you have a reasonably large coat pocket it will fit lovely. The only thing potentially missing is a belt clip, but it might be possible to adapt the zip with a bit of cord.
I'll reveal the mystery case here tomorrow, when I've got my faulty one exchanged (Laughing Out Loud, the zip is a bit stiff at the beginning) and bought a couple more as spares, don't want them selling out before I get mine sorted. Don't worry at the moment, there appears to be loads of them and no ordinary citizen will take much notice of them, as on the face of it, they appear to be yesterdays news, The mystery deepens, Oh and their colour is jet black, very trendy.Stay tuned Tomtom case hunters Wink
mossman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we are, tomorrow is here ........ Smile
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Mystery solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

As promised here is in my opinion the best value, and most practicle unofficial Tomtom one carry case available on the market today.
After a long and hard search, just by chance I noticed in Comet's bargain bin their very own branded 4 CD carry case, made by 4gamers, this logo is printed in small on the front of the case. The case is circular, black and has what appears to be a reinforced water resistent outer shell. The tomtom one fits perfectly with room to spare, you have to first take out the 4 cd slip holders but they are made removable anyway. The clearance price is an outstanding 99p. no one will ever suspect your carrying approx £250 worth of GPS around. Comet appear to have loads of them, but be sure to check the zip before you buy as a couple I tried were very stiff.
If anyone can beat this or notices a design flaw in my choice let me know. Oh and you can keep your stylus in the case to, I remember someone saying there was no place to keep a stylus on the Tomtom one.
Off you go then bargain hunters, be quick their cheap as chips 8)
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.

Any chance of a couple of photos showing what it looks like and how the TT1 fits?
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done that before, I will have a go. Laughing
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry can't manage it, trust me the 'Case is Ace'
andygrunt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked in my nearest Comets and couldn't see the case at all. Maybe it's specific to your local Comets?
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nottingham
Gullman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

about 3 weeks ago I returned a TOMTOM Go 700 I had just bought as could not make it work. Before I did this I saw the good reviews for TheTomTom One so nipped into Curry's next door.

I was suprised to see they had the TomTom One at a price that matched any on the internet £259.00 inc VAT (suprisingly it was advertised more expebnsively on the internet at Curry's) so I bought one! After I had bought it the assistant said "oh apparently you are entitled to a free TomTom One case" and fetched one of the shelf priced at £49.99 and gave it me for free!

very happy - maybe they are still doing that offer??
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That offer was around a while back. However I managed to get my Tomtom one for £225, and alot of people on this forum, before christmas got them alot cheaper. Consider our purchase price's and the offer price of £260 and your paying at least £35 for the case which is now available for £20. To conclude no one as yet to beat my 99p case. For that matter no one has been able to get one either Laughing Out Loud, nevermind Crying or Very sad
Gullman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid £225 and £20 pounds for the case = £245 and I paid £259 then I think that means I paid £14 more than you not £35.

anyway £225 is a good price if it's still available (why did the go up so much after xmas then?)- where did you get it from as the cheapest I can find is £250.

PS: Curry's are also doing the case for £19.99 now - available to order, which means the freebie czse is no longer avilable.
Gullman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPS:

Just relaised you meant the difference between 35 and 20 is £15 which is what I said. Sorry
tomthumb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem mate, reading back through my reply to you, it is a bit confusing. Anyway I bought from the link online using a 10% off code that I got from somewhere on this forum. The link price £249 less 10% and free delivery = £225. The others who bought before Christmas were taking advantage of Argos's 20% of all GPS units and the subsequent price dropping in line with Argos of all the other major retailers for a limited period. Someone said that they had managed to get one from Staples on a price beater and a further, I think 20% off with a business account meaning they only paid something like £170 if I remember correctly.
Since all of the previous offers, the Price has been back up to between £249 and £279 with in between offers like yours of £259 with free case. Anyway, no matter what, the Tomtom one is an outstanding piece of kit and really no matter what price upto the RRP that you pay I'm sure everyone agrees it's worth every penny. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: