Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where have i gone wrong?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where have i gone wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M_A_R_K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Where have i gone wrong? Reply with quote

Embarassed I have a TTG300. When I switch it on it shows a picture of the memory card being removed with a red cross through it. If I take out the memory card it shows that I should insert it. If I link using the USB lead the TTG300 shows the egg timer (for ever). If I try to access it on my PC it asks if I wnt to format. Why me.....................?
tobydog27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mark, When you purchased your TTG300 did you backup your SD Card to your hard drive?

If you did you can restore the original contents via CD disk which you made the Backup with.

If you have a card-reader you can delete the SD card contents and paste the original Backup from your computer.

Hope this helps.
M_A_R_K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I have made a back up. However, when I try to do a backup using the disc provided it tell me to plug the TT in to the mains - you may ao may not know that the TTG300 does not come with a mains adaptor. As an alternative when I try to copy my backed up file on to my TT, my PC tells me the disc in drive E is not formatted. I have tried formatting it, but my PC states that it cannot bhe formatted. I have tried swopping my disc with a 256MB disc from my digital camera. The one taken from my TT claims to have an error and can therefore not format it on my camera. The disc previously in my camera allows me to copy all the files accross, but when I disconnect it from my PC the TT shows animation of the card coming out of the slot and then strikes a red cross through it.
Tommyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe run Scandisk on it
Tumbleweed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M_A_R_K wrote:
Fortunately I have made a back up. However, when I try to do a backup using the disc provided it tell me to plug the TT in to the mains - you may ao may not know that the TTG300 does not come with a mains adaptor. As an alternative when I try to copy my backed up file on to my TT, my PC tells me the disc in drive E is not formatted. I have tried formatting it, but my PC states that it cannot bhe formatted. I have tried swopping my disc with a 256MB disc from my digital camera. The one taken from my TT claims to have an error and can therefore not format it on my camera. The disc previously in my camera allows me to copy all the files accross, but when I disconnect it from my PC the TT shows animation of the card coming out of the slot and then strikes a red cross through it.

Buy a new card and restore to that. You dont have to have it plugged into the mains, just make sure its fully charged to start with, stick it in the car for an hour or two, they just wnat to be sure the power doesnt fail half way through. YOu could also try resetting the unit as a precaution.

Tw

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: