Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [b]New Mobile Spec Camera type on A1 [/b]
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[b]New Mobile Spec Camera type on A1 [/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aje9999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: [b]New Mobile Spec Camera type on A1 [/b] Reply with quote

Hi All,

Last Thusday 26th Jan around lunchtime I noticed a white unmarked van in a layby s/bound on the A1 around Grantham area I think. Confused

The van had a mast on the top with a T section on top with 2 Domed shaped surveillance camera type pods hanginng from underneath each section of the T shape similar to SPEC`s in layout but looking more like Surveillance cameras.

Approx half a mile down the road was a Police Motorcycle parked up waiting. Evil or Very Mad

1)Anyone else seen or know about this type of camera and what it is for ?

I have read elswhere on the forum (Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:12 pm Post subject: New type of specs camera?) about something similar being used for and I quote

"These cameras are part of the Highways Agency CCTV network and are used to update the electronic signs on the A1(M).
They are NOT specs cameras and the producer of the PocketGPS database has been advised"

This was regarding some fixed mount type camera which sound very similar (Domed CCTV Type) However the one I saw was mounted to the top of a white transit type van on a mast and with the addition of a Police Motorcycle a little further doen the road ready to stop anyone if told to it seemd a bit suspicious.

Any thought or answers on what this was gratefully recieved.

Adrian
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds much more like an ANPR vehicle to me - these read the number plate and check it against their database for no insurance, no tax etc. and then the police vehicles further along the road can stop people.

Around here (a county or two south of there) they used to put them on normal roads into towns, but once people got used to spotting the vehicle and would turn round and go another way to save getting stopped they realised stretches of dual carriageway limited the options for turning around ;)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: