Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mio 168 tomtom map refresh rate
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mio 168 tomtom map refresh rate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetickspoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: mio 168 tomtom map refresh rate Reply with quote

hi to all
can anyone help Sad
i have a mio 168 loaded with tomtom 5 prog works fine until i start to display poi's this has an effect of slowing down the map refresh rate
e.g with no poi displayed the map will run very smooth no jitter
with poi runing the map will start to jump from one point to anouther taking up to 3 sec's to refresh is there something i can do to cure this cause it's really getting on my nerves
ps runing with a sandisk extreme 3 1.0 gb sd card x133

the more poi safety cams selected the slower it run's

thank's in advance :D
Maverickuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: mio 168 tomtom map refresh rate Reply with quote

thetickspoon wrote:

the more poi safety cams selected the slower it run's

thank's in advance :D

From what ive read this is systematic of a pda that needs more grunt (power). Upgrade the PDA?

Cheers

Mav
thetickspoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought as much didn't really want to go down that road but will have to see in the near future
cheers for the advice
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the POIs showing all the time? They can be very power hungry. If so try the Hide POIs option in the Change Preferences menu. You will still get any camera warnings that are set up under the warn when close to POIs, which is a seperate function.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note this is a bug in TT5. TT4 which TT5 is a direct development of did not have this problem. I used a Ipaq 1710 with TT4 and could display about a dozen POI files with over 12000 POIs (over 7000 in one file) with no visible slowing of performance. The upgrade to TT5 made the software unsuable if POIs were displayed. TT were notified of this when TT5 came out and like all my other bug reports, they have ignored it.
thetickspoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Do you have the POIs showing all the time? They can be very power hungry. If so try the Hide POIs option in the Change Preferences menu. You will still get any camera warnings that are set up under the warn when close to POIs, which is a seperate function.

didn't know this will give it a shot tomoz ,thought that if the poi was not ticked then it would not show up cause it's only because there are so many diferent "safety camera" ...Laughing Out Loud poi's that i would have to select all of them to make them show
lets see how i get on on the m60 roadworks

cheers for all the replies
thetickspoon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetickspoon wrote:
peterc10 wrote:

didn't know this will give it a shot tomoz ,thought that if the poi was not ticked then it would not show up cause it's only because there are so many diferent "safety camera" ...Laughing Out Loud poi's that i would have to select all of them to make them show
lets see how i get on on the m60 roadworks

cheers for all the replies

nice bit of advice works a treat ,enabled poi's to warn when near then check off the hid poi's in the main tom tom menu does not show the poi's on the navi screen untill it is time to warn you then it will throw it up on the screen , by doing this it enables the screen refresh rate to increase to about 4-5 times a second
spot on
thank's to everyone for the info
Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy
Jumping With Joy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: