Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem Connecting a BT GPS with TTN5 and WM5 (i-Mate K-JAM)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem Connecting a BT GPS with TTN5 and WM5 (i-Mate K-JAM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Problem Connecting a BT GPS with TTN5 and WM5 (i-Mate K-JAM) Reply with quote

Hello,

I have read several posts from people having trouble connecting a BT GPS with TTN5. Apparently "Other Cable NMEA GPS" should do the trick, however I still can not connect my Emtac with TTN5. I have an i-Mate K-JAM running windows Mobile 5. Has anybody had trouble connectic with WM5? Please help me!!! Question Question Question
A1Dox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a few threads on xda-developers.com (in the Wizard forum) about problems with TTN5 and WM5. I finally took the plunge and moved my copy of 5 from my iPAQ 4700 onto my Qtek 9100 (same phone as your K-JAM). I did the minimum and luckily, it all worked first time. Some have had to do more, but here's all I did..

In Comm Manager/Bluetooth Settings:-

1. In Devices tab, tap New Partnership to pair GPS with PDA.
2. During pairing, select Serial Port from offered services.
3. On COM Ports tab, tap "New Outgoing Port" and select your GPS's Serial Port connection from the list.
4. Note the COMx number that the new port is assigned to
5. In TTN, select other BT GPS and select the COMx created in 3/4 above.

Optionally, as some people have found the above works once then TTN seems to forget the Bluetooth config, and the following seems, in some cases to help

6. In COM Ports tab, tap "New Incoming Port" and select your GPS's Serial Port connection from the list.
7. Back in TTN, still use the Outgoing COMx you got in 3/4.

8. Keep fingers crossed and try again...

WM5 has a GPS control module that allows the OS to connect to the GPS device and then share the data from the GPS between multiple apps. It does this by connecting to the GPS over a "real" BT COM port, and then presenting the device to applications using a "virtual" COM port. It takes a registry tweak to enable it though. I enabled it, tried to slot it into my working scenario and it wouldn't work so I disabled it again and went back to the original simple version. YMMV though... If you feel the need to try this, there are several threads on xda-developers that explain what to do.

Hope that helps?

Dox

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: