Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras onto ICN520 - a problem !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras onto ICN520 - a problem !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeHCFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras onto ICN520 - a problem ! Reply with quote

Hi to you all,
I am a brand new member ! although I have been reading the site for ages. I know there are some really clever people in the forum .. so I wondered if anyone can help me with the problem I have, which has been driving me nuts since I opened my brand new ICN 520 on Christmas day !

I have tried loads of times (and I mean loads !), to get the camera database onto my 520. I have followed the instructions exactly, and it all SEEMS to go into the unit ok. It even confirms the database is in the ICN. However when I switch the unit on, there are no cameras visible (I did also load the little bitmap image, in the required place). One thing though, the instruction list I printed off for NAVMAN, gives the example od .csv files, whilst the downloaded zipped file (what files should i use text) says NAVMAN should use the .asc files. I have downloaded both onto the unit at different times (deleted one set, before trying the next) and still see nothing. The ICN520 is running SmartST 2005, could this be the problem or is it just me being a total twit and missing something so obvious it cant be seen ! Many thanks in anticipation.
missniffy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Unzip the file Reply with quote

When you downloaded the file, have you unzipped it to discover the files inside?

When you download a zip file and double click to open it on a recent version of windows it should open and let you see the contents (some other files) you will probably need to click extract all and then copy these files into place on your GPS not the zip file.

I may be well of the mark - you may have done this but thought it was worth a shot!

Miss Niffy
MikeHCFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I unzipped the files and used them exactly as stated, but no joy, thank you for gettting back to me. Mike.
MikeHCFC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestion to help me with this, I would really appreciate it !

One other thing, when I saw the files on my 520 (i.e all the pre-installed stuff), there are TWO of every file on it, is this normal? Thanks again to any would be helpers !
Mike
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only have one copy on the 520. Use the Explore function on the ActiveSync to delete the files (With Care!)

Did you edit the file first of all using Notepad to remove the line of text "latitude, Longitude" etc , then save it on to the hard drive of your PC.

There are a number of speed camera files in the zip file, they are divided up by camera type, by speed zone etc. There is also one file with everything on it. When you unpack the zip file a number of folders are created. One is called something like "single file" this is the easiest to use.

Don't forget where you save the edited file to, that is the one to load on to the 520.
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I mis-read your post about the duplicated files. I thought you meant you had duplicates of the speed camera files due to a number of attempts at loading them. Don't try and remove the system files. Very bad idea!.

Sorry again!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: