Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion SmartPhone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion SmartPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andycoll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Medion SmartPhone Reply with quote

Hi
I am looking for help and advice

My wife recently bought me a Medion MDSP150 Smartphone from Halfords for our wedding anniversary (isn’t she a darling)

But I have had lots of trouble with it things like it keeps locking up wont start the route some times it wont even start the navi application

Bin back to Halfords they say get in touch with Medion every time I have contacted Medion for help they don’t seam to have a clue as to what product I have then some times they give me conflicting advice like the map set isn’t loaded the map set is out of date and so on they ask me questions like what version software are you using

And this is where the problem lies I cannot find the software version and Medion are of no help as they cant tell me where to look for it all I know is what is on the disc which says Medion navigator 4 maps Navteq on board distributed by Navigon
I have also contacted Navteq and Navigon but both say they do not deal with this product

So cut a long story short can I load any other manufactures navi software on to the MDSP150 if so can you point me in the right direction and if not can any of you navi gods tell me how to find the software version of my navi software and if there are any updated down loads available and also is the navi software I have compatible for downloadable POI for safety camera warnings

Sorry to go on but as you can tell I haven’t got a clue as to what I am on about

Hope you can help me
Andy
andycoll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the thing does not work properly that means that it is not fit for purpose. That is a breach of contract that Halfords are responsible for. They cannot legally pass the buck to others for that, quote them the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1979. If an item breaks down or fails to function within the first 6 months the law assumes that it was faulty when purchased, and it for the supplier to prove otherwise. Cant remember name of Regulations)

I suggest you take it back to Halfords and start getting a bit insistant. Tell them it is faulty and it is their responsibility to sort it. If you wish you can insist upon a refund.

If need be use the small claims procedure against them - you can now issue a summons against them online - see https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp
andycoll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks peterc10

Well as soon as I started preaching the sale of goods act within 1 hour of the call ending a courier was knocking on my door to take the unit back to Medion to be look at.

They kept the unit for nearly three weeks and after several more phone calls I received it back with a letter explaining that they could not find a fault with it but to be sure that have replace the processor and key pad.

Well I switched it on and found that they had deleted all of the software on the SD card no too much of a problem as this could be easily reinstalls via active sinc I thought to my self.

But again I was having problems loading the navi software then a work collogue of mine who has a tom-tom pipe up I had a similar fault to that a few months ago and it was a corrupted SD card.
With this information in mind I quickly removed the SD card from my camera and inserted it in to the Smartphone and low and behold the dam thing worked and has being working perfectly since.

So several more phone calls to Medion to try and get them to replace the SD but to no avail basically thy are saying that The SD card is a storage media and is not covered by the warranty they did not test the SD card for this reason as they use there own card.
The guy on the phone said the SD card is like a peace of paper and would you expect staples to replace a peace of paper if you wrote the wrong thing on it and made it unusable!

Basically the system is good when it works but Medion customer service leave a lot to be desired and with this in mind I would not recommend any body to purchase one of there systems.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aagin where did you get the SD card from? If it was from Halfords as part of the phone then they are still liable to you for that if it is faulty. If it has become corrupted because of normal use the medion man is talking b****cks and using entirely the wrong analagy. Paper is not designed to be written on many times and that is not its purpose. SD cards are and that is their purpose. Therefore it is not fit for that purpose, nor of satisfactory quality..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: