Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Plus & Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Plus & Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Plus & Cameras Reply with quote

I have just bought a Tom tom one & have signed up for the free trial for tom tom plus,I have made the bluetooth connection to my phone no problems, but I really want the speed camera warnings but I can't seem to activate my product code on the tom tom website it tells me it doesn't exsist ??? I have emailed tom tom & hopefully will get back to me soon, But can I also load the camera database from this website to work along side the tom tom plus ? as this also has a camera database.
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Embarassed on this free trial do you still have to pay for the connection on the wap/GPRS like you would for a phone call ?
mossman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightymart wrote:
Also Embarassed on this free trial do you still have to pay for the connection on the wap/GPRS like you would for a phone call ?
Yes, because the gprs data transfer charge is levied by, and paid to, the phone network operator. The "free" bit is the access to the TomTom data itself.
mossman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But can I also load the camera database from this website to work along side the tom tom plus ? as this also has a camera database.
Don't use the TomTom Plus camera database - reports suggest that is is nowhere near as accurate as the one from PocketGPSWorld.
mossman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add - even if you still want to trial the TT camera database, download it onto your PC then transfer across to the TT, saves phone charges. You only need the GPRS connection really for the Traffic and weather services.

But I wouldn't use both databases anyway

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: