Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RE: tom tom for smartphones newb question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: tom tom for smartphones newb question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pr0xy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: RE: tom tom for smartphones newb question Reply with quote

Just bought the Motorola i930 smartphone which has built in gps capabilities. gps works great with mologogo tho I wish the data speeds were better for real time accuracy. successfully decerted the phone so loading apps is no longer an issue. its running windows mobile 2003se.

I’ve installed a few versions of tom tom mobile but all are in dutch, german, or french and I can’t figure out how to change the language. I got a 1gig sd card and just copy over everything using activesync 4.1. I live in the US and already have all the US maps which I’ve heard is a perquisite in order to get to the options menu but still no luck. I accept the license agreement, then depending on which language, experience difference issues. For all of them tho, none can find any maps once I accept the license.

I’ve also tried installing tom tom navigator, which will try to install in English, but will never succeed because I get the error, “this package is not intended for this device” or whatever.

I guess my questions are do I have to have an external gps receiver to use tom tom or will my built in gps work? Is there any way to change the language in tom tom mobile so everything is in English? Finally, which tom tom should I use for my smartphone?

Thanks for any input.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: tom tom for smartphones newb question Reply with quote

pr0xy wrote:
I’ve installed a few versions of tom tom mobile but all are in dutch, german, or french and I can’t figure out how to change the language. I got a 1gig sd card and just copy over everything using activesync 4.1. I live in the US and; - I accept the license agreement; I’ve also tried installing tom tom navigator

Very sorry - you will not find answers on this forum this is blatant software piracy - if it wasn't you would be moaning about the purchase cost of everything you "bought", you accept the license agreement, but have you actually read through it all?
Please dont ask for advice on downloaded software - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: