Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satellites down ??!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satellites down ??!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Satellites down ??!! Reply with quote

Hi there,
I've recently had some odd experiences losing signal with satellites. I realise this can happen from time to time, but please read on:

On 17th November I was driving round Stoke with Fortuna (TTN5), old morpheous (camera detection) and new Drive-Smart, & all 3 lost any satellite signals for a solid 5-6 minutes. Clear day.
Then last Tuesday (29th), again a crisp clear morning, I had the Fortuna & D-S still in car & lost all links for at least 45 minutes (from 07:30 until I reached my Reading destination).

On Weds I had quite a few 'drop & reconnects' where it loses it for just a few seconds, even though at point of loss it appears to have a strong (7-9 signals) link, & returns with same strong link.
Sad

Is this becoming a common occurance ? In general I haven't had any issues, so I don't think my car (Saab 9-5) is to blame.....& since this is 2 separate units (& 3 previously), I'd be surprised if it was h/w....which only leaves a spooky satellite silence to blame.

Anyone else noticed this ?
Perhaps the satellites need to be turned off & on, just like my Windoze box every now & then Rolling Eyes

cheers
Mike
Gwyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also live in Stoke and have had the same problem, however only when driving along Marsh street in Hanley. It happens when I pass the BT Offices and have put it down to the communication equipment that they have on the roof of the building.
mikeiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....good old BT interfering :D

I'm a bit more concerned about the way I lost connection for 45 minutes on Tuesday....anyone else experience that length of 'blackout' ?!

cheers
mikeiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot, on the satellites ? Note I had 3 and then 2 separate GPS receiving devices, can't believe they both suffered a fault, power was fine to them !

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: